StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SOME ONE IS LEAVING - ME OR SHILLLIHS<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
jimvin
170 posts
msg #140574
Ignore jimvin
1/1/2018 8:48:08 PM

Some of the best advice I ever got was "Never argue with a person whose opinion you don't respect." Hence, although Alf44 offered an unsolicited short over my bow, I thought of the source and ignored it. Both Kevin and Shillihs have both, I'm sure, made both worthy and generous contributions to this site (as a matter of personal investing style, not judgment, I do not use their models but do appreciate their willingness to offer suggestions) and its a shame that they have such friction in co-existing. For what its worth, I hope that both will take a step back as we begin this New Year and extend an olive branch to the other in the spirit of comaraderie and for the benefit their contributions can offer others here.

Lapre506
48 posts
msg #140581
Ignore Lapre506
1/2/2018 8:33:51 AM

Oh man this is rough. KIG and SHILLLIHS are two of the best on here. I used both your filters and have stolen alot of coding from both of you guys. Can't bear to lose either one of you. Can't we all just agree to get along for the prosperity of the masses here on SF.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #140584
Ignore graftonian
1/2/2018 8:42:53 AM

Without the insight and assist from Kevin, there is not much to hold my attention here, so I also will probably bail out and go in search of greener pastures. Kevin, thanks for the education.
Duane

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #140585
Ignore nibor100
1/2/2018 9:18:06 AM

Kevin isn't able to read any more of these posts as he emailed me at 3:49pm yesterday that he was already out of SF and they had refunded the balance of his last payment.

@graftonian,
If you do leave could you at least post all of the filter work you've done so far on converting the 30 SS filters over to SF? (only those you have not already posted)

One thing you might consider before leaving SF is that based on Kevin's latest couple of weeks of trading related posts he was much more focused on Neural Network based Weekly systems so he would not be trading as much on a daily basis going forward. Also, the majority of his SF help replies were related to the last SS XIV system he published.

Point being that he probably wasn't going to be using SF hardly at all in the future which probably made his decision to leave much easier. He always seemed to be quite busy on looking for the next best trading system where ever he could develop it. One can hope that his NN system help offer will still be honored.

Ed S.

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #140591
Ignore davesaint86
1/2/2018 11:24:20 AM

Ed - I'm sure you could still email him at his Statistical Investing . email address. Maybe we all could receive a weekly email of the NM signals.

Dave

WantingLittle
11 posts
msg #140595
Ignore WantingLittle
1/2/2018 2:00:00 PM

This will likely mean mean I will be canceling my membership as well. For me, Kevin is half the value of SF.
Will evaluate over the next week.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #140596
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
1/2/2018 2:33:15 PM

I have better things to do than to argue and engage in pissing contests . Its not just this forum but other forum's as well. If I wanted to engaged in pissing contest I would go over to Yahoo news groups and argue until my hearts content. Then again why would I waste my time and energy.

I'm still staying.

There is a great wealth of information and filters on SF forums if your just willing to find it. Deadly Combo, Run Forrest Run to name a few. It just depends what you buy and sell triggers are.

IMHO!

wcurtis
54 posts
msg #140607
Ignore wcurtis
1/2/2018 9:10:30 PM

When ever I see one of these " Either - Or " situations I always think of this old saying " your temper will get you in trouble - but, your pride will keep you there ". I'm sorry to see Kevin split the scene, but he's gone. I'm equally sorry that Shillihs and all his infantile boastful rants will continue. You folks that claim Kevin was half the reason you were in SF should learn to read a chart and start doing your own thinking.
Oh well what hell, we all lost someone special today. I guess I'm just going to keep watch'n for the MA(9) line to cross under a nice juicy pattern with the close under RSI 30 .

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #140610
Ignore Cheese
modified
1/2/2018 9:47:02 PM

You are so right, wcurtis. We lost someone special today,
and what better way to celebrate Kevin's generosity
than for us to make money with the good stuff that Kevin has given this board.

Happy trading, everyone.

bhake
1 posts
msg #141057
Ignore bhake
modified
1/16/2018 9:19:29 PM

"the rumpled one" is still here, don't panic!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SOME ONE IS LEAVING - ME OR SHILLLIHS<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.