StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: Lapre506 (44 messages) ·  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 2 3 4 5 >> 
General Discussion · GOLD on it's way to ....
Lapre506
msg #148838
8/8/2019 7:03:08 AM

Agreed. Been long GDX 2021 leaps since Gold was around $1311 and no plans to sell them anytime soon. Although I do believe we might get a short term pullback now that it's pierced $1500 seems to have hit a bit of resistance. Might need talks of another rate cut to breakthrough that resistance level. I think we're in for a cutting cycle. One in Sept another in Dec Gold will take a leg up on both.

General Discussion · List of Index Symbols?
Lapre506
msg #148441
7/10/2019 7:46:15 AM

Think it depends on the broker you use. I use TD Ameritrade's data feed in my charting platform so I can see it using $DJI and for the E-mini futures it's @YM.

For TD:
DJIA = $DJI
VIX- $VIX.X
VIX (futures) @VX
S&P - $SPX.X
S&P (E-Mini) @ES
Gold futures - @GC
WTI Oil futures - @CL

General Discussion · Stan Weinstein's Secrets For Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets
Lapre506
msg #148353
7/3/2019 12:48:55 PM

Scored a copy used on Amazon. Plan on reading it over the long holiday weekend

Filter Exchange · 1 month low filter
Lapre506
msg #147881
5/23/2019 7:01:06 AM

I noticed that Koss's filter uses CEMA and the filters posted on page 2 used CMA and I was getting different results from both. That's why I asked Koss to clarify which one he is actually using.

Filter Exchange · 1 month low filter
Lapre506
msg #147814
5/17/2019 7:11:59 AM

Hey Koss interesting filter. Looks like it would work nicely for call spreads. Which filter in this thread are you using? A few variations have been posted along the way. Just wondering which one you've gotten your recent hits on?

Stock Picks and Trading · KSK8 Questions on The Most Profitable Thread on Stockfetcher
Lapre506
msg #147273
4/9/2019 8:22:54 PM

I've been paper trading a few versions of your filter. But I have a question. VTL showed up on almost all your filters on Friday 4/5. I shorted it Mon morning at open @.55 and it got as high as .91 and closed at .73 for a 40% loss. You ended up shorting it on 4/9 avoiding the big loss on Mon... Is there a different filter you are trading? What made you wait that extra day and not attempt to short it on Mon?

Filter Exchange · Hot off the press! Buy SPY based Solely of VXX Numbers
Lapre506
msg #146217
1/23/2019 9:06:06 AM

So I've been monitoring this for the last few months and decided to crudely backtest it.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2mffzih.jpg

-It's based on 1,000 buy in for each time it gave a signal
-Buy in was simulated at EOD close price day on day the signal was given
-Sell was simulated at opening price morning after sell signal was given (By sell signal I mean signal to buy the other ETF)
-Filter was performing well up until that 12/13 whipsaw that had you jump out of one and into the other, then give a signal back the other way at that EOD
-Reason for these rules are I have noticed that the filter tends to give a signal intraday but then that signal disappears before or after the close. With SF being up to 30 mins behind at times I used the EOD closing price as a target for entry so I could be sure the signal was real and still there at 4PM.

It's not quite how I would have played it had I used this filter live. But it was the easiest way for me to backtest it. I'm only an excel novice so forgive my crude spreadsheet :)

So since October had you followed these rules based on 1,000 buy in for each signal you would have netted $285.00 in profit (assuming commission free trading).

Anyway just wanted to share some results. I still like the filter alot. Gives me sort of a heads up to look for the market to reverse.

General Discussion · BEHOLD THE HOLY GRAIL
Lapre506
msg #145854
1/4/2019 7:56:38 AM

Not that I have much to add to the conversation here... because people much smarter then me are debating. But one thing I've noticed with Stockfetcher from all my manual backtesting when you are using not otcbb in the filter code. If a stock was once on a major exchange and then got downgraded to OTCBB it will no longer show up in the historical results on that filter when looking back. This tends to sway backtesting results in a favorable manor. Because had you taken a play on a result for the filter and it crashed and became OTCBB you'd have taken a major loss. But when looking back because it's now OTCBB it no longer shows up in the history of the filter.

General Discussion · BEHOLD THE HOLY GRAIL
Lapre506
msg #145779
12/30/2018 8:30:24 PM

Is there a reason why you choose to borrow shares on these rather then just buy puts on the optionable ones?

Filter Exchange · Hot off the press! Buy SPY based Solely of VXX Numbers
Lapre506
msg #144979
10/16/2018 6:48:09 PM

Gave a signal today for SPXL. So SPXS closed at 23.52 today. I didn't hold it this long though. I bought and sold it multiple times along the way. Some as high as 25.50. Benefits of Robinhood and no commissions.

Bought a small amout of SPXL in the aftermarket for 48.50 but I'm expecting a bit of a pullback since it was a 500 point day. So I'll buy more and average down tomorrow at some point.

So far really liking this filter though.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 2 3 4 5 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus