StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: nibor100 (419 messages) ·  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 42 >> 
Stock Picks and Trading · KSK8 Questions on The Most Profitable Thread on Stockfetcher
nibor100
msg #150230
1/10/2020 9:57:33 AM

@ksk8,

Piling on here,
by my calculations of your transactions since Jan 6 your balance should be over half a million.

Ed S.

General Discussion · Weekly TSI Data on a Daily Chart
nibor100
msg #150185
1/8/2020 1:27:11 PM

@olathegolf,

It's probably happening that way because once you go back in time SF is calculating the filter Results based on the actual day of the week the filter is being offset to, in your case Dec 3rd.

Simultaneously, SF is doing its chart display calculations based on the full range of data available thru the actual present day, Jan 8th.

These 2 differences in calculations create a difference between the results being provided to you and the graph seen by you when the day being offset to is not a Friday, as SF calculates defaults to calculating weekly values using Friday as the end of the week.

In essence, the offset chart is showing weekly values based on full weeks of calculations during early December and the results are calculated using Dec3rd as the end of the week and Dec 2nd as the beginning of that week.

If you know how to use SF 2.0 you can check all of the values for any line drawn on a filter on any given day.

Also SF 2.0 keeps weekly data static in the results display for each given week no matter what the offset day of the week might be.

SF 2.0 is reporting a delta value of 21.5 for dec 3rd,2nd, 4th,5th and 6th for your filter.

At least that's what I believe is happening,
Ed S.

General Discussion · Weekly TSI Data on a Daily Chart
nibor100
msg #150167
1/7/2020 12:50:34 PM

They don't match because your Trigger variable is simply a numeric count of how many times your Delta variable is above 0 for a day, so it will either be zero or 1.

Whereas, your Delta variable can range throughout most number values besides zero and 1, depending on the stock. easiest way to see this is to comment out your first line.

Ed S.

General Discussion · Did this ever exist? "Appears in watchlist" in results...?
nibor100
msg #150166
1/7/2020 12:43:47 PM

@fotchstecker,

There are actually several ways to achieve what I believe you are after.

The simplest is to go to the dropdown that looks like a giant Asterix near the center half of the filter

Choose Quick settings

Then in the box labeled Watchlist Indicatorss choose Show as Columns Table only.

Then Save Changes and it should take effect immediately.

If you want to be sure to see some of your own watchlist hits be sure to run a filter that has a lot of results.

You will also be able to sort the results by those columns that have your watchlist names.

Hope this is what you wanted.
Ed S.

Filter Exchange · MACD Bottoming below zero
nibor100
msg #150097
1/3/2020 2:07:10 PM

@ludowillems,

Looking at the chart you provided us at the dropbox link it appears to me that you want the most recent 2 weeks to be both higher and above 0 whereas your filter is requiring the most recent 9 weeks to be below 0.

So perhaps using the "2 weeks ago" phrase would help on the 9 week parameter and then adding a line requiring the most recent 2 weeks to be > 0.

Ed S.

General Discussion · Is there a multiplication function in stockfetcher?
nibor100
msg #150089
1/3/2020 11:23:38 AM

@kenisk,

I assumed you were asking for the multiplier term because you were in fact going to multiply by -1 so I only gave you a list of multiplier options as SF handles these differently based on whether or not they are phrases, (which apparently is the preferred SF syntax)

In the example filter below, each pair of lines illustrates 1st what SF returns if mathematical symbols are used and 2nd what SF returns if equivalent math like phrases are used.

As a bonus example, the last pair shows how a simple add column command can actually filter the results by itself

While I have not tested it yet I'm hoping that it might help reduce the filter complexity issues that we occasionally run into with multiple nested Set statements.

I've not tested any of the other math symbols yet versus replacement math phrases. If anyone else can shed some light on those please do.

Thanks,
Ed S.

Fetcher[
set{inverse, close * -1}

add column close * -1
add column close multiplied by -1

add column inverse * -1
add column inverse multiplied by -1

add column -2 * close > -5
add column close multiplied by -2 is greater than -15

sort by column 9 ascending
]

General Discussion · Is there a multiplication function in stockfetcher?
nibor100
msg #150073
1/2/2020 12:28:40 PM

You can use "multiplied by" in an add column statement or a general statement and the simple asterix symbol inside a Set statement.

Ed S.

General Discussion · How? average gap DOWN value | and average gap UP value | over X days
nibor100
msg #150071
1/2/2020 12:07:32 PM

other than the typo in "add column gapdwns" that is exactly how I would have coded it.

does it do what you want?

Thanks,
Ed S.

General Discussion · How? average gap DOWN value | and average gap UP value | over X days
nibor100
msg #150068
1/2/2020 1:10:07 AM

@fotchstecker,

I modified parts of 1 of Xarlor's filtrers to get the below filter, that I believe returns the gaps up average for the past 12 days. Check it out and see if its what you want.

I did not include any comment lines but I can provide them if anyone needs them for the filter logic.

Ed S.

Fetcher[
market not otcbb
average volume(30) > 1234567
set{GapUps,count(close-to-open gap > 0,12)} add column gapups

set{xgap, open - close 1 day ago} add column xgap
set{xgapup, count(xgap > 0, 1)} add column xgapup

set{xxgap, xgap * xgapup}
set{gapsum, sum(xxgap,12)} add column gapsum

set{gapsupavg, gapsum/gapups} add column gapsupavg
]

General Discussion · Open Price equal the low price for the day
nibor100
msg #150062
1/1/2020 10:21:13 AM

try this
Ed S.

Fetcher[
/*this line does the count without using a Set variable*/

add column count(open equals low,200)

/*I could not get the count to draw without first creating a set variable so a second approach is below*/

set{var, count(open equals low,200)}
and draw var
add column var
]

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 2 3 4 5 ... 42 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus