StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: nibor100 (369 messages) ·  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 37 >> 
General Discussion · Time Travel in StockFetcher
nibor100
msg #149361
10/16/2019 3:40:09 PM

This is the 1st in a short series of posts, for the many new members, trial members and those like me who have forgotten some of what they had previously learned regarding historical stock data among the various SF sw tools....

Below is a simple filter finding the current low 3 year low for MSFT, and AAPL

For MSFT that low is $57.28 and was found to have occurred on Oct 6th, 2016.

The value can be seen at the right margin of the 3yrlo line on the chart but the data for that trading day is too far back for SF to show on its standard chart display. (oddity #1)

When I run that filter from the Edit window in SF, I have a box between the results and the edit window that shows the date the filter ran/executed on with a handy downward pointing triangle.

Clicking on that triangle gives me lots of options for running this filter in the past, further back than one day at a time, which is done by the arrows to the left of the data box.

At the very bottom of those options is a "Custom Date OffSet" box with a 0 in it, which can be replaced by any number below 1,000 to run this filter on a specific day in the past.

Typing in 999 for this filter and running it, retrieves a 3yrlo for MSFT of $26.26. verified by the 3yrlo line on the chart but the date of that low, Dec 5th, 2012, can't be seen on the chart display.

Conclusion is that SF has quite a bit of historical data for us, we just have to figure how to find it.
Ed S.

Fetcher[
apply to symlist(msft,aapl)

set{3YRlo,low 3-year low} add column 3YRlo draw price line at 3YRlo
]

General Discussion · Beta and Standard Deviation indicators in SF
nibor100
msg #149329
10/13/2019 1:08:01 PM

Hey Gene,

Currently, I'm planning on being there next Saturday.

Ed S.

General Discussion · Beta and Standard Deviation indicators in SF
nibor100
msg #149326
10/12/2019 12:36:34 PM

Hey Gene,

Beta is 36 months according to SF

It looks like Standard Deviation period is set by a user by putting a value inside the parentheses, according to SF.

Ed S.

General Discussion · Stan Weinstein's Secrets For Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets
nibor100
msg #149318
10/11/2019 4:23:29 PM

@Cheese and @Xarlor,

Sorry for the delayed response...I'll try and get backtest filters done for each of your requests this weekend.

Between our Cardinals making the next round and my Gators playing LSU this weekend, I should have plenty of tv commercials during which I can be SF filtering...

Ed S.

General Discussion · Stan Weinstein's Secrets For Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets
nibor100
msg #149296
10/6/2019 12:19:35 PM

@Cheese,

Did you ever reply to my response below?

Thanks,
Ed S.

"To make it easy on me, how about choosing one of the Weinstein filters and posting it, and then I'll work on making it backtestable during Monday night football"

Filter Exchange · Best filter to detect breakouts
nibor100
msg #149251
9/30/2019 11:22:23 AM

@byebyemoney,

First, Thanks for making me aware of the "varOffset(, )" command it should prove to be very useful.

Regarding your filter,
a. it seems everything starts 3 days ago for some reason, can you explain why? as the 10 day high within 10 days is kind of within 13 days ago, etc.

b. it appears you are filtering for Ipeak as both >3 and >0, I suspect SF is only using one of them.

c. The variable GapDay and xdiff seem to be the same value, you can probably simplify your filter by using the same variable name in all places those 2 are named.

Thanks,
Ed S.

Filter Exchange · How to get multiple sectors filter to work
nibor100
msg #149236
9/25/2019 10:06:22 PM

Based on the few tries I tested SF doesn't process a filter correctly that has both 'Apply to Watchlist' and "Apply to Sector" command phrases.

There are at least a couple of work-arounds:

1. a. Go to Watchlist tab
b. Select the Table box
c. Select your watchlist
d. Select the watchlist actions box
e. choose filters (not Run as filter)
f. scroll down the list of your filters and put a checkmark in the box next to the filter number
g. click save
h. the screen should update and a column labeled by your filter number will show checkmarks for the stocks that meet that filter today and it is sort-able

2.a. Go to My Filters and run your filter as normal
b. Select the Table box
c. Then select the drop down box that looks like a giant asterisk
d, choose Quick Settings
e. Select the drop down in the 'watchlist indicators' box
f. choose "Show as Columns (table only)
g. a set of columns with watchlist names for each your watchlists that have any result stocks of your filter in them, will appear.
h. Click on the desired watchlist label to sort the results list by that watchlist's stocks that meet your filter.

Hope this helps some,
Ed S.

General Discussion · faulty ROC filter returns?
nibor100
msg #149226
9/24/2019 2:43:55 PM

i believe SF's data provider just missed the split on SPI as other stocks that have split in the past seem to have split-adjusted prices; for example GENE had a split in August and its prior prices appear split-adjusted.

Ed S.

Filter Exchange · Another long filter
nibor100
msg #149198
9/20/2019 1:25:24 PM

@SFMc01,

The filter I posted is only for backtesting his long filter for past results, it doesn't show today's candidates.

Ed S.

nibor100
msg #149154
9/16/2019 3:50:08 PM

@Cheese,

To make it easy on me how about choosing one of the Weinstein filters and posting it and then I'll work on making it backtestable during Monday night football.

Thanks,
Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 2 3 4 5 ... 37 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus