StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (936 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 94 >> 
Stock Picks and Trading · UPS Ascending Triangle Breakout.
nibor100
msg #159413
8/8/2022 9:05:05 AM

The lower volume in the last week might be a cause for caution...but who knows.
Ed S.

General Discussion · Scripting/Coding the data
nibor100
msg #159409
8/6/2022 7:06:16 PM

Some other tips for learning SF code, that helped me a lot when I was beginning:

a. Look at the Examples that SF provides on its web page and even more Examples exist in the SF app on IOS.

b. for every variable you use in new code write an add column statement that shows that variable's values when the scan is run.

c. As a follow on to b. above, add additional add columns for 1 day ago, 2 days ago etc. in situations where the past is important to the scan so you can see what SF is actually retrieving.

d. freely use /* */ to comment out sections of your work in process code to hone in on problem lines.

Ed S.

General Discussion · Edgerater July 4th 50% off sale
nibor100
msg #159319
7/18/2022 5:03:24 PM

Yesterday’s Edgerater webinar is on YouTube and he did show and discuss the Guppy moving Avg template around minute 42:15.
Ed S

General Discussion · Correlation analysis
nibor100
msg #159315
7/16/2022 2:00:08 PM

Your answers eliminate my two ideas as workable solutions.
Below is an address to an Edgerater blog on his correlation matrix template which might solve your needs and his sw has weekly and monthly capabilities for charting etc.
Ed S

https://academy.edgerater.com/how-to-find-correlated-stocks-and-alpha-beta-values/

nibor100
msg #159311
7/15/2022 9:08:48 AM

There are too many templates that I like to use the most in Edgerater, but some of my favorites are his Guppy Multiple Moving Avgs, Seasonality Now (where he computes 10 years of seasonality for each stock in the watchlist from today forward 2wks, 1mth,2mths etc., Dave Mcmullen 8/20 cross template and the TASC 2/20 template and while I don't trade options yet his new templates based on his adding 10+ years of option history data to his price databases are intriguing and he's working on tying those into Earnings date historical data in a future template.

He's doing a new series of 1 hr webinars on Saturdays to be posted on youtube, I think this week he is going over his favorite templates and how to get the most out of them. stuff like having multiple template reports open at the same time and when we change stocks each report brings up that stock and the ability to take columns from a template you like and add it to another template and it retains its functionality.

Thanks,
Ed S.

nibor100
msg #159297
7/13/2022 12:12:47 PM

No stake in Edgerater other than I’d like his one man operation to stay in business because he’s a great programmer; plus there hav been a long list of SF users asking for backtest sw recommendations over the years.

Ed S

Filter Exchange · How to scan for stocks with over 40% earnings?
nibor100
msg #159296
7/13/2022 12:07:28 PM

No luck? Scan works correctly!
Please provide a stock with greater than 40% earnings that my scan doesn’t find.
Thanks,
Ed S

Filter Exchange · How to scan for stocks with over 40% earnings?
nibor100
msg #159294
7/13/2022 9:58:12 AM

Filter below scans for stocks over 40% earnings, SF does not have Sales data.
Ed S.

Fetcher[
add column EPS divided by close is greater than .40 and add column EPS
]

General Discussion · Correlation analysis
nibor100
msg #159286
7/12/2022 9:35:41 AM

No obvious way to do this in SF that I'm aware of.

I have 2 possible ways to get it done but I need 3 more pieces of info:

1. Are all of your watchlist/open positions stocks in market NYSE?

2. How many stocks are in your watchlist/open positions usually?

3. Do you have the SF advanced subscription?

Thanks,
Ed S.

Filter Exchange · My Murder Hornets Scan 2.0
nibor100
msg #159278
7/10/2022 12:15:43 PM

Your new modified scan does indeed find NVAX before the big run-up with a 2 signal count.

However it found it a couple of weeks before with an even stronger signal count of 4 on May 27, but that would not have been too good of a trade.

Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 2 3 4 5 ... 94 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.