StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up
sandjco
648 posts
msg #152622
Ignore sandjco
6/13/2020 11:45:08 AM

@nobody
RE: "that BOX range"...
Unfortunately, it wasn't a filter that caught all those. It was "luck" and going thru different charts. I do not do any "DD" anymore (outside of reading news feeds - which i am trying to cut out) nor do i read "research reports".

@ roca1018
yes...that is one of the harder lessons I am trying to learn well....always trying to tell myself..."let the game come to you; don't chase it".

FOMO...and where do we go from here? Interesting how the Mkt sold off as it was approaching the previous highs. So, what's next? Fun. One thing for certain...not going to read the news!

Thanks for dropping by!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152641
Ignore sandjco
modified
6/15/2020 9:05:29 AM

FOMO - "Fear of Missing Out" was an acronym that I was not familiar before till a kind hearted trader introduced it to me. Got me thinking...

I guess..
FOMO could be those who sold at the bottom or anywhere during the bounce wanting to get back in...or those who stayed in cash waiting for this whole thing to sort itself out.

But...
FOMO could also be those who wanted to get out but couldn't and have now the chance to sell...

The question now becomes (for me anyhow)..if it tilts...how far will it tilt (when the answer should be "who cares!)? Answer (for me I think) "should be"...let the market action dictate your trading plans. Thursday was the warning to use Friday as an entry to go short?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152653
Ignore sandjco
6/16/2020 8:36:52 AM

No it wasn't...Ms. Market went up instead! More stimulus to the rescue!

As long as money can be printed....it doesn't matter what "state" people think we are in!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152702
Ignore sandjco
6/22/2020 8:33:05 AM

Playing with market timing filters...this one by Kevin added some Cheese stoch...
Fetcher[
symlist(spy)

/*SET ADVANCING - DECLINING STOCKS ON NYSE AS A VARIABLE AND CREATE A MOVING AVERAGE OSCILLATOR*/
set{var1, ind(^advn,close)}
set{var2, ind(^decn,close)}
set{var3a, var1 - var2}
set{AD_19, CEMA(var3a,19)}
set{AD_39, CEMA(var3a,39)}
set{AD_McClellan, AD_19 - AD_39}

set{ADS, cema(AD_McClellan,20)}

add column ADS{McClellan Summation Index}
add column Slow Stochastic %K(5,1)

draw ADS line at 0
Draw Slow Stochastic %K(5,1)

ADS > 89
set{short, count(Slow Stochastic %K(5,1) > 85,1)}
short > 0
]

not sure what the significance of 19 and 39. Gonna assume 20 is trading days in a month?

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152703
Ignore Cheese
6/22/2020 9:50:17 AM

19 and 39 are given by McClellan
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/mcclellanoscillator.asp

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152760
Ignore sandjco
6/25/2020 5:30:36 AM

Thanks Cheese!

Tipping below 300?

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152788
Ignore sandjco
modified
6/26/2020 10:40:07 AM

The battle for 300 SPY is going....Jul SPY 290P $4

EDIT: Looking at SPY and QQQ they seem to hold up...then assuming there is some meaning behind the $NYMO or I should say the AD Summation that is trending down, there seems to be a disconnect.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152791
Ignore sandjco
modified
6/26/2020 12:30:10 PM

I am not certain how the Mclellan Summation has any correlation on the QQQs or IWM

Short QQQ Jul 240P $5

Long

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152794
Ignore Cheese
6/26/2020 1:32:33 PM

sandjco,

If I remember correctly, years ago, someone in this forum has abandoned using the summation index

Now, about the oscillator, roca1018 should know quite a bit more because Rich has made money
using $NYMO. Ihope roca1018 will chime in and enlighten us.

My limited understanding is that only extreme values of $NYMO are useful, .i.e over 100 and below -100.
$NYMO is not a precise timing tool. In roca1018 trading example, it was only good for about a day.

HTH

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152808
Ignore sandjco
modified
6/26/2020 9:01:19 PM

Thanks for dropping by Cheese and ALWAYs appreciate your thoughts!

As you know...I am bumbling my way learning here and haven't really come across the topic too much till it was brought up recently in another thread (that you commented on) which led to my search and bingo..Kevin's script showed up. Hence, i was playing around it.

Pardon my crude notations...as I have the low level subscription, I cannot mark the triggers...hence..this

It appears that while it may not be wonderful...visually, it seems to keep us away from trouble. Today, it crossed below 0. SPY at $300.05 QQQ at $240.22 with DIA seeming the first one to tilt...

Not a Guppy expert like Mac...but a Guppy fan...it looks like the ST group has bailed the party and next weeks' price action will tell us more?

four was sooo good in annotating! Dang what happened to the usual suspects?

i was just trying to find a way how to express what my logic seems to go to....logic right now is saying...why is Ms Market so resilient as if everything is OK? Is there a way to check under the hood to find the cockroaches are bailing ship? Of course logic may be right one day....but it may be too far tomorrow when the trade was placed today.

What will tilt this either way? Covid cases apparently has spiked up. Protests? Election coming up. Tariffs?

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.