StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up
sandjco
648 posts
msg #152349
Ignore sandjco
modified
5/27/2020 12:28:46 AM

And this is how you lose $$ in a hurry...

Getting de-listed apparently. My learning? Listening to your "gut"? Understanding when "greed" gives you false confidence? Xarlorr's advise hits home...don't change what works....yet I tried to be logical on why HTZ "shouldn't" fail...don't matter; won't matter!

On the bright side...ADS, COTY, FAS, & STNE managed to more than cover the warts.

Don't know what SCI is about but picked up some..

Meanwhile..despite the pandemic getting worse in Brazil...

Good thing I ignored the "news"...

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152372
Ignore sandjco
modified
5/30/2020 11:35:32 AM

An observation...it appears that the "V" shape recovery that "experts" said wouldn't happen right away has happened. QQQ was, of course, the poster child of the recovery...

Now what? 6MM virus cases worldwide; US is still tracking > 20K daily. Mississipi or er..Minnie is burning aka justice for Floyd. Trump is still trump vs WHO, China and et al. Elections coming up....and yet, the markets does not really seem to care because....

Above my pay grade to logically make sense of it. The trend is up; it is my friend.

Picked up ARCT, CHWY and MRNA.

Thanks to a new found friend who introduced me to "day trading" indexes using options...my restless mind is now tinkering on another adventure!

I find myself reading and re-reading Kevin's old posts...makes me appreciate how one person truly "gave" without asking anything back in return. I wish my brain can process the techno code way better!

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/HOW-TO-DESIGN-A-SYSTEM-NOT-JUST-A-FILTER/101013/-1/101504

As a "pay it forward"...Mac if your are reading this...CHWY has a diverging Upper and Lower BB.

May all your fills be profitable as TRO (I think) used to say.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152375
Ignore Cheese
5/30/2020 1:04:53 PM

Good thread. Thanks, sandjco.

The TRENDSUM idea in your charts was also from Kevin_in_GA
https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/Can-Super-Trend-Strategy-be-rewritten-coded-for-use-on-SF/145605/-1/145641

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152377
Ignore sandjco
5/30/2020 2:10:34 PM

@cheese
Thanks as always for your kind words and encouragement in my journey. Yes, you are correct that the Trendsum was something I borrowed from him. Mac's influence is also evident.

Generally speaking, it is really what makes the SF community wonderful as you learn things from different traders who freely share. Different ingredients and style of cooking if you must and you just have to figure out your own style along the way.

I may sound like a broken record...but i am absolutely grateful for those who have shared as my past 2 years wouldn't have been possible without their kindness. I hope I have paid it forward.

Have I found the holy grail? Nope! But I tinker along find what works for me visually and continue to refine towards my goal of simplicity (like Village Elders' short script or KSK8s) and yet drawn to marvel at Kevin or TRO's scripts...or how Xarlor just manages to whip things up in a jiffy!

I've entered another stage...my son has opened his first Brokerage account! If he agrees, I'll share our journey together on this thread!

The funny thing? I find myself still reading threads I didn't know existed! At what point is enough enough?

I can hear Xarlor yelling at me "don't mess with something thats working or something like that!" ;=D

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152511
Ignore sandjco
6/6/2020 5:35:56 PM

Strange times indeed...hindsight is 20/20 but:
- the pundits were generally predicting that the sky was falling. we apparently will hit a depression that is the mother of all depressions/recessions whatever yadayadayada...
- if you were a contrarian or didn't know any better....going against the grain would have paid handsomely

SO, what has changed since the March dipper?
- no vaccine yet. 6MM cases worldwide. US hitting 2MM alone followed by Brazil and Russia.
- Floyd protests going on across NA
- same US/China tensions
- slowly re-opening

You would think with all these gloom and doom...we would be dribbling in the basement right?

Nope! SPY and QQQ have pretty much came back like nothing happened! The unloved sector? Finance; me think I need to continue building there!

Borrowing Mac's script

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152573
Ignore sandjco
modified
6/8/2020 11:29:24 PM

HTZ...still alive..

So, my logical thesis survived (Icahn capitulated and bailed)...but my choice of weapon is still under water albeit...not too much water!

DPST

TNA

NRGU

SCI sure came back from the dead!

CHWY sold 90% as earnings coming up

Love me Latinas!

Gonna get me some Russian

Buffet's throw away are making a comeback...yes, them airlines!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #152588
Ignore sandjco
modified
6/10/2020 8:30:51 AM

Apparently home run hitters in baseball often say "the most difficult time to hit a home run is when you are trying to hit a home run". This adage seem to apply to any sports...heck, even picking up babes!

When one is spoiled with home runs...you look for one when it isn't there. Then you forget what got you to the game in the first place. You think it is your SF filters but yet they were the ones who may have gave you ideas before. Then you tinker and then tinker more until it gets bloated a messed up.

Note to my kids (and me)..when this happens. Stop. Let the game come to you. Enjoy the music; don't fret and predict when it is going to stop.

Since the pandemic started in Mar, the news generally has been negative....and yet, the Ms. Market didn't really care. The music was there playing for those who listened.

Nobody
404 posts
msg #152593
Ignore Nobody
6/10/2020 3:19:45 PM

sandjco

Trust you're well Sir! Shout out on those tickers above...nice work!
May I ask how did you spot RUSL and DPST ….Did you spot them from filter and DD?

Peace be with you

Nobody
404 posts
msg #152594
Ignore Nobody
6/10/2020 3:22:17 PM

More specifically THAT BOX range for SCI, TNA, NRGU, DPST

Looking forward to your guidance

roca1018
163 posts
msg #152600
Ignore roca1018
6/11/2020 9:31:30 AM

A softball hitting coach who played Triple A baseball told my daughter that you usually hit home runs
when you are not swinging for the fences.

Rich

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · Picks and Pans Since Jan 2020<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.