StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question from an inexperienced used<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
manjitsandhu
5 posts
msg #156209
Ignore manjitsandhu
3/19/2021 6:21:09 PM

Two quick questions please

(1) I was just wondering what financial database does StockFetcher fetch stock data from (is it yahooo finance etc)

(2) How large is stockfetcher user base (paid subscribers).. (Just a curiosity question)

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #156212
Ignore Mactheriverrat
3/19/2021 9:45:17 PM

Ask SF.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #156215
Ignore karennma
3/20/2021 12:04:50 PM

Why would you want to know that?
R U thinking of USING SF INFO to start your own website?
IMHO, if you're really good at trading, you wouldn't have to do that.
Like I always say, those who can, DO; and those who can't, ... well u know ...

The other thing is, you'd have to be a more knowledgable SF user than the "oldtimers" on here.
There are a LOT of them.
Good luck with that! LOL!
BTW, was that you who posted here a few weeks ago, that you wanted to share a filter but didn't want to post it?
What kind of crap is that?
I was gonna make a comment then, but didn't.

manjitsandhu
5 posts
msg #156220
Ignore manjitsandhu
3/20/2021 10:54:25 PM

@karennma.Sorry if my message offended. My apologies. I was just trying to get a feel of where the stock price data etc comes from and curious of coding etc (I find the simplicity of coding very innovative) .

You also mentioned of a post by someone from a while ago that you did not like.

No it was not me. This is my first ever post and by asking how many members are on SF I was just trying to get a feel of how many "experts" one can interact with.

I am member of other forums like boglehead and Morningstar where there are a lot of people and that in turn results in lot of community support.

Again, sorry if my question was offensive. My apologies.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #156221
Ignore nibor100
3/21/2021 4:01:25 AM

@manjitsandhu,

a. The answer to your question 1 can be found by scrolling to the bottom of any SF webpage.

b. The answer to your question 2 is undeterminable by us users and most businesses that have online communities are usually hesitant to provide subscriber totals for competition reasons but you can ask SF by clicking the little orange icon at the bottom right of your forums webpage. If they tell you let us all know please.

1. We don't have many posters on a regular basis but if a user posts a question/problem relating to SF filters and/or stock trading, 99% of the time you'll get enough responses to answer the question/solve the problem or explain why its a continuing issue for all of us in SF, etc....

2. searching thru the forum history will find a wealth of info and could take one a long and productive time spent.

c. Sometimes karenma just responds without spending a moment to check forum info...

1. She has been a long time member so surely she knows that by looking under a SF posters/users name to the left of their last post indicates how many posts they have posted in their time on SF, which at the time she replies you had a 1.

In your case that number is now 2, in my case its 731, and in her case that number is now up to 7,916....

2. She also could have looked at the recent forum history and found the thread of the poster she was referring to, as his post got a lot of responses and he has never posted since his first post, which appeared to be a troll attempt for business.

Hope this helps,
Ed S.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #156222
Ignore karennma
modified
3/21/2021 7:24:21 AM

@ nibor100
Re:
"2. She also could have looked at the recent forum history and found the thread of the poster she was referring to, as his post got a lot of responses and he has never posted since his first post, which appeared to be a troll attempt for business.
Hope this helps,
Ed S.
=========================

Re: "troll attempt for business"
Yes, that's the one.
"Trolling" ... I call it "phishing".
Can you post that link please?
Thanks.
EDIT:
BTW, I couldn't find the link.
If I could've found it, I would've posted the link.
Also, "manjitsandhu" can be anybody he wants to be.
People come on here and change their screen names all the time.

manjitsandhu
5 posts
msg #156224
Ignore manjitsandhu
3/21/2021 8:37:27 AM

@nibor100 Thank you for the clarifications. Greatly appreciated.. Have a great weekend,

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #156225
Ignore karennma
modified
3/21/2021 8:58:05 AM

Rant removed.

manjitsandhu
5 posts
msg #156226
Ignore manjitsandhu
3/21/2021 9:01:41 AM

@karennma Good morning. Like you, I too hate “phishing” or Trolling for business from Forums and Face Book Groups. I assure you I do not fall into that category. I have used this site off and on for a while now but used the Forum for the first time and have the highest respect for people like yourself that have been helping others for such a long time (wow 7198 posts).

I was very impressed with the way code is written here (in plain English) and being curious want to understand how things work (like how do you code without coding).

I have dabbled with filters in the past by mostly making a mish mash of examples posted on the site but with no luck and am now looking at posts that experts like yourself have posted to get a better understanding.

I just found the very well written 175 page user guide that may answer many of my questions and plan on reading that soon.

Thank you.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #156227
Ignore karennma
3/21/2021 9:06:40 AM

@ manji,
I guess you read my "rant" before I deleted it.
Now, that we've gotten the BS out of the way, I hope you ENJOY yourself.
Don't sweat the small stuff.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question from an inexperienced used<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.