StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · BEHOLD THE HOLY GRAIL<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up
johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #145751
Ignore johnpaulca
modified
12/28/2018 2:02:08 PM

Here you go again Shill, can't you play nice with anyone. KSK8 was nice enough to post a filter that created a purposeful discussion if you don't have anything to add, then shut the front door....geesh!!

KSK8
561 posts
msg #145752
Ignore KSK8
modified
12/28/2018 2:06:25 PM

"I’ve lost money since Sept. and this is the worst stretch I’ve had since I was in my 20s"

Want me to set you up a gofundme so you could afford to pay your rent before the end of the month?

LOL

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #145753
Ignore nibor100
12/28/2018 2:08:16 PM

@KSK8,

Please take you time and post the corrected and accurate and complete version of your SF shorting filter for all to see as many might miss that one line correction you mentioned in your last response to me.

It would also be nice to see an English version of the methodology of the filter so we can check for any other possible filter coding faux pas.

Thanks,
Ed S.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #145754
Ignore KSK8
12/28/2018 2:10:36 PM

Sure thing Nibor, but what do you mean by "English version of the methodology" ?

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #145755
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
12/28/2018 2:52:04 PM

A EMA8 cross below EMA21 . Short it till its cross's back above it. If the EMA8 cross's above EMA21. Then get out. If KSL8 short filter pops up a stock then trade that.

This is a picture for going long.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Same picture only inverted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://filteringwallstreet.blogspot.com/2006/12/ema-crossovers-look-out-above.html

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #145756
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
12/28/2018 3:09:45 PM

@johnpaulca
I was just being stupid on my first reply's to KSK8 . I think there is more than meets the eye with KSK8. I think he has more knowledge and would be a good add to SF posters. He may have even been here before .

If one goes back day by day for a month one can see some nice shorting gains.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #145757
Ignore nibor100
12/28/2018 3:12:41 PM

@KSK8,

Some might call it a trading plan or trading plan algorithm, for example based on your currently published filter:

a. Sell stocks at the Open that meet the following criteria after yesterday's Close and before today's Open and cover all short positions at the Close.

b. Don't buy any ETFs nor any OTCBB stocks.

c. Yesterday's Volume must be larger than 100K shares

d. To ensure enough liquidity Yesterday's Volume times Yesterday's Close must be greater than $1M.

e. Only short stocks whose closing price yesterday was less than $10 and greater than .10 cents.

f. The stocks selected must also have yesterday's close lower than 90% of yesterday's Hign price.

g. Make certain that yesterday's RSI(2) has crossed above 98 from the day before and stays above 98 at yesterday's close.

(Note) g is based on your recent RSI(2) revelation, which we all could have spotted originally if we had seen some similar description of your shorting approach.

Since I assumed you had been trading this using some other stock scanner than SF and knowing that translating scanning code from one sw package to another often has anomalies I was worried that we might not have all of the facts concerning the stock selection criteria. Especially since you had so many other info indicators built into your filter that seemed to have no bearing on the trading decisions.

Ed S.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #145758
Ignore KSK8
12/28/2018 3:17:50 PM

Mac,

Ditch the ema8 crossing above ema21 and check out this faster ma cross:

Fetcher[
set{v1,CEMA(EMA(8),8)}
set{v2,CEMA(v1,8)}
set{v3, 3 * EMA(8)}
set{v4, 3 * v1}
set{v5, v3 - v4}
set{tema, v5 + v2}
and draw tema on plot price
and draw CEMA(low,9) on plot price

set{fastercross, tema crossed above CEMA(low,9)}
draw fastercross
set{emacross, ema(8) crossed above ema(21)}
draw emacross

symlist(spy)

]

And thanks Mac I appreciate it!

Cheers!

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #145759
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
12/28/2018 3:21:52 PM

Roger that KSK8 !

I did a little messing with you filter of changing rsi(2) > 95

It pops a few up each day and all have had some Great shorting gains.

-------------

BTW- Thanks for the faster cross code - I'm calling it "KSK8 EMA symlist code"

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #145760
Ignore shillllihs
12/28/2018 3:56:19 PM

Just kidding, i traded this yesterday and made a million dollars.
Good system, but I got to be cautious of that 150% borrowing fee,
And that there are enough shares now that you told the whole world so we can all make a million dollars shortin penny stocks.

Excuse me, I was attacked for simply pointing out that it wasn’t practical based on,
there were not enough returns, there probably will still be issues finding substantial shares, even with the right brokerage, risks with shorting, risks with shorting low priced stocks and though borrowing costs may not be a factor, they are pretty high. I didn’t like the system that’s all. That didn’t warrant attacking me for making nearly a half a million bucks on a single etf.
Next month when you guys get a signal, everyone make a mad dash to short the same shares ok.
No need to silence me, if I’m right I’m right, if I’m wrong then you folks will be mega wealthy in 3 months by shorting 200k worth of joe blow. Let’s supervise this thread and see how it plays out.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · BEHOLD THE HOLY GRAIL<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.