StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Alpha Filter based on Ron Groenke Visions V<< 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #146652
Ignore snappyfrog
2/20/2019 3:57:51 PM

SAFeTRADE, using your latest filter along with my favorite options list (approx 220 stocks) and showing only those stocks where "g5" equals 100 is showing some really good profits back to at least 2 week holds.

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #146653
Ignore snappyfrog
2/20/2019 4:07:36 PM

Three week hold (options) results using my options list and "g5" equal to 100. Keep in mind that buying options at the money (ATM) means that I would make approximately 10x the percent gain, i.e. 32% gain would equate to roughly 320% gain on the option. Even the 2 that show a loss actually were up for a couple days before dropping. If one watches their losses, these would be money makers also.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #146655
Ignore nibor100
2/20/2019 4:59:56 PM

@SAFeTRADE,

a. As I ama baby boomer on Medicare I think your coding in SF is just fine, the important thing is to persevere until you get what you want within the bounds that SF has (and there seems to be more than just a few of them)

b. I subscribe to the higher version of SF and I was only able to add one more column to your latest filter, making the total of user defined columns 20 before it started dropping columns from the display: so upgrading to the higher version of SF would not help you much in terms of column displays. (I have not experimented with seeing how many variables I could draw once I hit the column max of 20, since SF shows the latest numeric value on the right axis of a drawn variable in the color of the line used to plot the variable)

c. Pondering the 2 filter approach if you need to go to it would probably require and extra step or 2.

Perhaps code a basic filter that culls out stocks that don't meet the fundamental criteria, and $size, volume, and several other basic technical criteria, save to a watchlist whose name you would use in the 2nd filter to do all of the rest of the filtering work.

d. I'm not quite following your book statements above, have you ordered another book from Groenke that is different from your "Cash for Life" book that is specifically devoted to sw optimization?
or
is it just his latest book from 2012 "Show Me The Trade: Revolutionary BLACK BOX for Profit in Stock and Options"?

I am going to start his 21 day free sw trial to further educate myself on his stock picking methodology and also because I love exploring trading sw that's new to me. Always seems to generate an idea or two....

Thanks,
Ed S.

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #146656
Ignore SAFeTRADE
2/20/2019 5:04:37 PM

Pretty dad gum impressive snappyfrog! I am going back to using the Dow 30 only to reduce results
I have to work my way through. May go back to S&P 500, maybe not. A new system with many stocks
to choose from is not good for me. I really want to understand this system. I am looking at an additional
filter as a compliment or verification to this version of Visions V. I do not think I can expand this filter
any further due to coding and implementation of strategy. Stockfetcher is just not robust enough encompass
everything Visions V has to offer.

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #146657
Ignore SAFeTRADE
2/20/2019 5:12:14 PM

Ed, "Show Me The Trade: Revolutionary BLACK BOX for Profit in Stock and Options" is the book I
have just ordered. It is the book Tommy mentioned about the optimization of different time periods.
I found it used for just under $8 including shipping. Ed you may find Visions V challenging and
difficult to work your through, at least I did. There is alot there. I am not going to subscribe to the
service.

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #146658
Ignore snappyfrog
2/20/2019 5:24:31 PM

My picks for 2/21/19 from my optionable list and "g5" equals 100:

I will look at those that say to "take action" on the 52 week first and then the 20 week.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #146660
Ignore sandjco
modified
2/20/2019 6:41:08 PM

Thanks for sharing...

Questions:
1. what is "g5" ? is that the same as "gr" or "gr2" (these don't have "100's) or "gold52"?
2. what is "wait for green"? as in not a red candle or where close > close 1 day ago?

I was confused as there seems to be 2 references to "g5" in the code below:
add column g5{gold52}
add column separator
/*add column up2{days_up20}*/
add column g52{gold20}

draw bl on plot price

/*add column g4a{number_of_days_*2}*/
add column g5{Gold}

"gold52" shows up but "gold" does not

Thank you

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #146661
Ignore Cheese
2/20/2019 7:20:24 PM

sandjco,
If you were referring to the WAIT FOR GREEN that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts,
please ignore it for the purpose of this Groenke thread. I was just trying to illustrate a
safeguard mentioned by a couple of good traders in the earlier years of this forum.
WAIT FOR GREEN was advice from Muddy Wallman and TheRumpledOne
https://www.stockfetcher.com/sf/search.php?q=WAIT%20FOR%20GREEN&filter=&sort=

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #146662
Ignore Cheese
2/20/2019 7:21:43 PM

SAFeTRADE, snappyfrog, and Ed S
Thanks again for sharing.

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #146663
Ignore SAFeTRADE
2/20/2019 7:27:49 PM

Questions:
1. what is "g5" ? is that the same as "gr" or "gr2" (these don't have "100's) or "gold52"?

No g5 is not the same as gr or gr2. g5 is the total of 3 days up 10 means 3 days up.
g5 is labeled gold52 if it is 52 week numbers, gold20 if 20 day numbers. gr means "get ready"
on 52 week numbers gr2 mean"get ready" based on 20 week numbers.
Gold52 or gold20 is the addition of 3 up days which equals 10 if 3+close within pointb and
pointc which is worth 30 and+ close within plus or minus 5% of the ma(50) or with the ma(20)
which is worth 60 for a total of 100 if all conditions are met.

2. what is "wait for green"? as in not a red candle or where close > close 1 day ago?

There is no wait for green. Wait relates to if tai or tai2 is above 10. Then you it is not time
to buy.

I was confused as there seems to be 2 references to "g5" in the code below:
add column g5{gold52}
add column separator
/*add column up2{days_up20}*/
add column g52{gold20}

Yes, I have not cleaned the excess code yet. Look at the charts it will become clear. I know there is a lot to look at.

draw bl on plot price /* BL is the buy limit do not buy if close is much extended above bl.*/

/*add column g4a{number_of_days_*2}*/
add column g5{Gold}

"gold52" shows up but "gold" does not

Thank you

Hope this helps

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Alpha Filter based on Ron Groenke Visions V<< 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.