StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SOME ONE IS LEAVING - ME OR SHILLLIHS<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #141709
Ignore karennma
2/1/2018 7:00:52 PM

Oh no! This link just popped up when I opened IE (which I usually don't use).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johndorfman/2017/10/30/trump-ranks-sixth-in-stock-market-performance-behind-obama-and-clinton/#731b17c16644

The President will NOT be happy.
But the link is 4 months old, so, ... maybe not.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #141714
Ignore Cheese
2/1/2018 8:24:11 PM

@karenma,

So you are No, 5 ? Maybe even more timeless than Coco Chanel.

If you were to reminisce about your early years with sF til now,
what would say were some of the top of mind or best of class gems?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #141731
Ignore karennma
2/2/2018 8:51:06 AM

@ Cheese,
Hahaha! "Best of class" ... ?
Funny you should mention that because up until recently, I rarely read the the "Filter Exchange" thread mainly because years ago, I tweaked OP's (other people) filters and used the same filters year after year. I'd sign into SF, go straight to Intraday Alerts and not look at anything else. I was "stuck on stupid" for years and lost a lot of money.
Shame on me!
I didn't realize until recently, (because I STOPPED trading, got serious & started reading the boards) how much I'd missed. i.e, Mac's Guppy filter, Dave's DMA(8-5), Kevin's StrataSearch, Shillihs' XIV .. etc.
I missed a lot!
BoC?
Honestly, I've never done anything "original". All I've done is copy & tweak OP's filters to my liking. (see newbie quickstart)
Lately, I've noticed, there are a lot of newbies. Some want to jump right in and probably don't have time to read the manual, which is understandable if they've got FT jobs.
For a quickstart for newbies, from the archives, I'd recommend:
TRO
Wallstreetgenius (Riggs?)
Nikoschopen
Mary4Money (lerogee, holygrail)
JP's BBand 40
There are 2 other "old-timers". One poster's stuff is gone. ALL of it! Everything is gone including his name. And there's one other person who whose name I won't post b'cz he was such pr*ck. His work is still in the archives, but I'll give him credit for NOTHING. I still use a tweaked version of his filter. So, I got my revenge! LOL!
If you haven't yet, check out 15minofPham's MarketChameleon options. - Wonderful & informative.
What about you?

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #141732
Ignore johnpaulca
2/2/2018 9:05:59 AM

We can't forget Chet, excellent coder, his trading needed some tweaking.

Mary4Money (lerogee, holygrail) M4M.... virtual trader, made up sh$t like someone else currently on the board.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #141734
Ignore karennma
2/2/2018 9:20:25 AM

Yes!!!!
CHETRON!!!!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #141735
Ignore karennma
2/2/2018 9:31:20 AM

@ JP,
Yikes! I abbreviated your name ....
For any newbies reading this, "JP" (BB40) is johnpaulca.
Thanks for everything, JP!
👍

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #141736
Ignore karennma
2/2/2018 9:35:36 AM

johnpaulca
11,507 posts
msg #141732
- Ignore johnpaulca 2/2/2018 9:05:59 AM
Mary4Money (lerogee, holygrail) M4M.... virtual trader, made up sh$t like someone else currently on the board.
=================

ROFLMAO!
I got some good trades from him!
He was something else!

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #141740
Ignore Cheese
modified
2/2/2018 10:01:27 AM

@karenma,
You are too modest. Do you not remember a time when someone (not me) asked you for your best filter idea? s/He didn't even thank you, did s/He? and I don't think that you've ever boasted about your best filter idea.

But do you know that a blogger wrote a whole article about the same idea, calling it his best secret? I am not saying he stole from you. Anyway, he now has a paid subscription service, and 22K followers.

Ssshhhh did you hear that ? Lots of clicking noise from people now searching for your best filters. You'd be trending on sF soon.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #141743
Ignore karennma
2/2/2018 10:08:26 AM

@ Cheese,
R U serious? LOL!
Which filter was it?
(smiling)

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #141748
Ignore Cheese
modified
2/2/2018 10:34:04 AM

@karenma,
Your best filter idea at the time was
ADX(14) below 10

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SOME ONE IS LEAVING - ME OR SHILLLIHS<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.