StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fibonacci screener<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #149769
Ignore nibor100
12/3/2019 1:57:09 AM

@cheese,

If you mean the gains and losses columns being almost equal seems to indicate that touching the first Fib line randomly trends to 1 day profits or 1 day losses based on the difference between the open and close for that next day;, I agree.

However, not being a Fib technical trader, I'm not sure that a 1 day gain or loss is what Fib guys normally look for after a touch and bounce.

I was kind of hoping Xarlor or someone else would suggest a number of days that the profit/loss should be measured ove,r before I tried modifying this backtest filter for measuring a longer period of gains/losses, which might require quite a few line modifications.

Thanks,
Ed S.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #149776
Ignore Cheese
12/3/2019 9:49:59 AM

Ed S, Thank you for the clarification.

Ed S and xarlor, apology if the filter I was replying to was still part of Ed's backtesting for xarlor.
I thought it was addressed to me.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #149778
Ignore nibor100
12/3/2019 11:04:06 AM

@cheese,

As far as I'm concerned anything I post is open for anyone to comment on, no matter who I might start off addressing it to.

If I don't want anyone to comment I'll do a "read only" post.

Thanks,
Ed S.

xarlor
562 posts
msg #149788
Ignore xarlor
modified
12/3/2019 5:34:06 PM

This was one hell of a workup nibor and Cheese! As for the backtest results, it's clear I need to revisit the filter some day. The key to Fib is combining it with existing support levels or trend lines, both hard things to code on SF.

Still love the work on backtesting. Great job!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fibonacci screener<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.