StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A little more about me ...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
DLB7
43 posts
msg #84686
Ignore DLB7
12/19/2009 9:14:05 AM

Porti,
Can you shoot me an email on dbail14478 at aol dot com please. I have a Zambezi River question, thanks.

Mactheriverrat
3,130 posts
msg #128373
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
5/7/2016 12:10:20 PM

photo 10383644_10202871184274951_456883867260024528_n.jpg

My name is John Esser. I live in Arkansas and work on the barges that go up and down the upper Mississippi River above St Louis. Work 30 days on and 30 days off and have been doing this for over 26 years. Before that Aluminum construction Business in Florida where I grew up, before that Tanker in US Army, and before that all around bum. Been messing around with learning stocks for a couple of years while trying to learn about maximizing my 401-k. Learned a lot from SF posts. Best advice I can say for new people is don't trade real time until you know you have a winning system. Paper trade as long as one needs. Then wash , rinse and repeat. Mac!
Picture was taken on the beach somewhere from Gulfport and Biloxi,Mississippi.
My email is JohnEsser1959@gmail.com

dustinb
29 posts
msg #128377
Ignore dustinb
modified
5/8/2016 6:41:34 AM

Great thread! My name is Dustin, I'm a 53 boy at heart, live in Baltimore, and I am a Sales VP for a $100 million regional chemical company. I play baseball, yes baseball, in an over 40 league (fiends call me Pan--a' la dustpan because I play 3rd base), been trading for 30 years, have made a ton of money, and lost a ton of money, am happily married for 26 years and have two awesome kids, 21 and 18. My daughter is finishing up college and my son is about to (ironically Kevin) enter UGA in Athens. Ga.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #128379
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/8/2016 11:44:48 AM

Wow - a blast from the past. For me a quick update is needed - no longer in GA. We relocated to RI a little over a year ago to be closer to our folks, whose health had been failing. Unfortunately my wife lost her Dad and I lost my mom (both to cancer) just after we moved.

I have been minimizing my trading over the last year, focusing on other matters. Now coming back to it with a focus on pair trades. I have always liked the statistical basis of pair trading, as it makes a lot more intuitive sense to me than a MACD or other indicator.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #128384
Ignore graftonian
5/8/2016 11:47:46 PM

Kevin_in_GA : Great idea for a thread.

Mac_the_river_rat: Saw the SALLY ARCHER headed downstream at Portage de Sioux a couple of days ago.

Mactheriverrat
3,130 posts
msg #128386
Ignore Mactheriverrat
5/9/2016 1:32:37 AM

Roger that. My Boat was the Prosperity run the Illinois every now and then.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #128510
Ignore graftonian
5/17/2016 11:06:35 AM

Hello,
My name is Duane, however I am known around town as Chachi. I am 76 years old and was doing great until I got blind-sided by a stroke a few years ago. I recovered well enough to ride my Honda trike, but truck driving was a thing of the past. What is a poor fellow to do?

Oh yeah, day trading, that can’t be too hard, wrong!

In 2015 I made a New Years resolution to “learn the biz”. Then I discovered Stockfetcher, and all it has to offer. Thanks to (or damn him, depending on whether one is talking to me of my wife) Kevin_from_Ga’s well written Pangolin Z post, an old man was able to learn “computerese”. Viola, 15 months later I am able to make a little beer money.

Along the way many others have contributed to my education, including TRO, Four, and MacThe RiverRat. Sorry if I missed anyone, but I’m old.

Other trivia:
Born in San Jose, Ca and moved to the Midwest in 1988
Operated heavy equipment for TWA from 1966 to 1999
USN before that.

Mactheriverrat
3,130 posts
msg #128511
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
5/17/2016 11:10:43 AM

Thanks for your Service Graftonian. I remember some years ago the water was up and there's a Island right where the Upper Mississippi peels of where it meets the Illinois River. Some pleasure boater got his house boat on ground on that island and it was there for about a year on ground until the water came up the following year. Boat then drifted down towards Portage where some tug caught it.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #128512
Ignore graftonian
modified
5/17/2016 11:18:44 AM

DITTO, Mac
Your tour sounds like more fun. And I do remember that houseboat, I think some got it started and tried to get it upstream, butnot enough power.

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #128520
Ignore papagatorga
5/17/2016 4:01:27 PM

Hi all, I am Papagatorga. 80 years old. Retired military. Spent 10 years as Stockbroker with discount firm during the 80's. Have been searching for the Holy Grail for many years. Been on SF a long time and really enjoy the Forums. Call myself a swing trader, 1-4 weeks. Too often have not cut my losses and paid dearly. If I have any advice, that would be it, cut your losses. Currently I do almost all my trading with Williams%R(30).
Past results for 5-30 days have been very good in bullish times. I use Directional Index as a sort of confirmation or second signal. Like W%R past results have been very good in bullish periods, but not quite as good. I really appreciate the knowledgeable people on here who contribute so much. .I don't take credit
for W%R. I got it from Big Trends. My best to all of you.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A little more about me ...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.