StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 5% A WEEK FILTER (BASED ON TRO'S CROCK POT)<< 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37 >>Post Follow-up
snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #128953
Ignore snappyfrog
6/6/2016 11:54:28 AM

I have been using this since Jan 1st of this year. So far, it is hitting at 85% accuracy and Profit Potential (PP) is 74% and 107% compounded. I have made 48% myself, since I haven't figured out how to catch the top yet lol. I do use a slight change of sorting by 1%, 2% and 5%, changing each week just to get a different mix of stocks. Thanks for posting this - trip to Hawaii is coming soon!!

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #128955
Ignore graftonian
6/6/2016 12:34:40 PM

It still is a good filter. I've been using it for 3 months with about the same sucess rate. I wonder how many others are using it I have modified TROs filter by adding some momentum confirmations. This weeks choice, ECR is up 10% as I write, with a very close stop (15 minute PSAR).

TRO, thanks for the concept.

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #130569
Ignore snappyfrog
8/25/2016 11:36:04 AM

Graftonian, what type of momentum are you looking at, EMA? I work, so I can only check my picks about once per hour; therefore, I can't watch 1 or 5 min charts and have to take profits when possible. I sometimes miss some big gains, but I am happy getting 5% average gains each week per stock. In another year or so, when I can do this full time, I will try watching momentum more closely also.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #130618
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/26/2016 9:32:21 PM

Glad someone is finding my work profitable.

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #131093
Ignore snappyfrog
9/11/2016 8:09:57 PM

TRO, I have read most of your posts throughout SF and I decided to concentrate on just one that worked very well on paper trades. This is the one I have settled on and no longer chasing the "perfect" filter. I think 80+ % since the first of the year is as PERFECT as they come. TRO you are the best. Thanks thousands and thousands......

matt
15 posts
msg #132646
Ignore matt
11/21/2016 12:56:16 AM

Snappy, are you still using this and is it the original one from the first page or the modified on on page 8 or 9?

compound_gains
221 posts
msg #132653
Ignore compound_gains
11/21/2016 9:40:59 AM

By my calculation, trading the top listed stock each week has a 57% success rate YTD and a return on capital of -28%. This is based on the original long only filter on page 1 and doesn't factor in slippage or commissions. Maybe a basket of stocks (top 3, 4 or 5), using the short filter as well, or some heavy duty filter tweaking produces better results. Don't know. Or maybe my calculations are just wrong, but I did a manual weekly check, so I don't think I'd be that far off something that's producing a profit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60aqafhdwap4drx/5%25%20WEEKLY%20YTD%202016.xlsx?dl=0

scribbles
6 posts
msg #132690
Ignore scribbles
modified
11/22/2016 8:56:20 AM

Can anyone point me towards the post from either the originator or updater of this filter that states categorically all trades must be entered blindly without following up with your own due diligence?

If that exists, then its poor advice, if not and that's what you expect to get out of a filter, then laziness has(or will at some point) lost you money.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #132696
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/22/2016 10:12:09 AM

Can anyone point me towards the post from either the originator or updater of this filter that states categorically all trades must be entered blindly without following up with your own due diligence?

No such advice was ever given - this is a statistics based filter strategy developed by TRO and modified by me. No one should ever blindly trade as you are suggesting.

This is at its heart a volatility strategy that relies on positive momentum. That is a transitory state for most stocks so caution is always advised.

scribbles
6 posts
msg #132698
Ignore scribbles
11/22/2016 10:57:35 AM

Fully agree, there seems to be some disgruntlement at the minute regarding filters, but criticism never seems to factor in the above.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 5% A WEEK FILTER (BASED ON TRO'S CROCK POT)<< 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.