StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · What is good stock scanner combination of Indicators? What is a good trigger to enter a position?<< >>Post Follow-up
jarmbruster
6 posts
msg #148784
Ignore jarmbruster
8/4/2019 8:41:43 PM

What is good stock scanner combination of Indicators?

What is a good trigger to indicate entering a position?

Jeff

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #148785
Ignore shillllihs
modified
8/5/2019 12:32:06 AM

Hi, as for my opinion, there are no good systems, just some not as bad as others.
The litmus test is If they don't perform well in a bear trend in the midsts of a bull cycle, then it's poopoo, example would be how all systems did in Oct.2018. What I would do is identify long term trend, wait for a bearish trend within that bull trend(now) and buy TQQQ at the end of it.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #148787
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/5/2019 8:14:55 AM

Inverse ETF / Bond stocks / Bond funds did good in Oct 2018 but that was just a correction and some stocks even did good in the correction. A true bear is coming at some pointing time and more than not when unemployment starts going up.

https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24%24UNEMPRATE&p=D&st=1990-01-01&id=p62890219222

PTTAX is a good Bond fund

https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com

https://www.fidelity.com/fund-screener/evaluator.shtml#!&ft=TBND_CI&ntf=Y&expand=%24FundType&rsk=5

Then again in a Bear market you don't want to try catch a falling knife. As for indicators is what ever you find that you can make money with. Then stick with it until something else that you lear comes.

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #148788
Ignore snappyfrog
8/5/2019 8:43:59 AM

What is good stock scanner combination of Indicators?

What is a good trigger to indicate entering a position?
Jeff

Price is king, so the closest to pure price is a moving average.
Try different ones to see what fits your style. I prefer EMA over SMA.

Find a momentum oscillator that again fits your style.

Look at Stochastic, slow, fast and full.
You have to make any filter fit your style of trading.
You can get ideas from others, but you have to make it your own.

There are 100's of ways to profit in up and down markets.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #148791
Ignore KSK8
8/5/2019 10:43:55 AM

Let me save you some time, go combine the candidates with a bullish catalyst and you're good to go. For the conservative trader, this is an excellent filter.

Fetcher[

market is NASDAQ
close > 15
Average Volume(30) > 200000

set{v1,CEMA(EMA(8),8)}
set{v2,CEMA(v1,8)}
set{v3, 3 * EMA(8)}
set{v4, 3 * v1}
set{v5, v3 - v4}
set{TEMA, v5 + v2}
draw TEMA on plot price
draw CEMA(low,9) on plot price

set{signal, count(TEMA crossed above CEMA(low,9),1)}
draw signal

set{sell, count(TEMA crossed below CEMA(high,9),1)}
draw sell

close > ma(200)
signal > 0

]

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #148792
Ignore graftonian
8/5/2019 11:06:19 AM

The current interest in Stan Weinstein system seems to be warrented. An oldie but goody, IMHO. So much easier to implement today in the computer age, than back in the day of chart books and calls to the broker.
Currently, I find myself checking so much more before opening a position,
A good trigger? My most vague answer would be: When you think enough stars are in alignment. When you take a swing at a pitch, and it doesn't work out, ask yourself "why" and your trigger has changed.
A good read from Four back in March:
/www.stockfetcher.com/forums/General-Discussion/Interviews/128817/400

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · What is good stock scanner combination of Indicators? What is a good trigger to enter a position?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.