StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What did everybody fall off the face of the earth?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #144571
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/5/2018 9:39:05 PM

What did everybody fall off the face of the earth?

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #144572
Ignore graftonian
9/6/2018 9:48:06 AM

I have been pondering that myself. Not much interest these days. Almost miss Shills and his BS. I have been creating scans in TOS that do a pretty good job of finding stocks matching the Daryl Guppy model.
I wonder what Kevin is doing these days?

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #144574
Ignore shillllihs
9/6/2018 12:57:38 PM

Personally, I believe you are the worst trader out here. Your filters are lame, but I never give up on anyone.
No offense, you’re just not a good trader, IMO.
As for me, I’m just waiting for the market to stop churning. My stock investment is a sliver of my net worth. I’m virtually fully invested in properties that are pulling in top rent as they appreciate in value. I no longer ever need to work. All the foreclosures are gone. Perhaps in 3 years if the market crashes. The guy you mentioned that left, was arrogant and a know it all. He then got his and lost a fortune, including those sheep that followed to the slaughter. He probably lost his and the possy, tween 1-2 million? We can go down the list of all the SF. big shots. Either they bought islands and retired or they’re still struggling. Hope this helps.

dtatu
143 posts
msg #144594
Ignore dtatu
modified
9/7/2018 9:21:25 PM

I think , the XIV- 100% loss deceived many, many , followers of Kevin 's research and,I also think, many of them were too heavily- over- invested in it ?
Maybe they take a break to refuel, if they are really passionate about speculation, unless this might have been a fatal blow to them?
That is the reason I keep warning people:"STOP testing your ideas and trading the 2x,3x,straight or inverse ETFs !
That blow was SO fast , people had NO CHANCE to react to it: they saw a loss of 98% OVERNIGHT!(You remember? XIV was , I think about 90 before the close, then, in after hours, finished around 15!!; you went out for dinner, you lost all your money in the after hours session)

dtatu
143 posts
msg #144597
Ignore dtatu
modified
9/7/2018 9:42:59 PM

I'm also afraid that Kevin, himself lost a good shirt on that XIV trade : he was showing stats suggesting significant amounts of money involved; Probably , like all of us , he's never thought that a 100% increase on VIX : 12 to 24, would mean a 100% loss in an inverse fund: XIV 130 to 5 then ZERO !!
That , I hope , will be a lifelong lesson for ALL of us about the leveraged and inverse funds.

four
5,087 posts
msg #144605
Ignore four
9/8/2018 12:22:33 AM

Old article about the same thing

Published 6:26 PM ET Mon, 5 Feb 2018 Updated 11:47 AM ET Tue, 6 Feb 2018

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/xiv-exchange-traded-security-linked-to-volatility-plummets-80-percent.html

An exchange-traded security which is supposed to be a bet on calm markets was collapsing after hours.

The VelocityShares Daily Inverse VIX Short-Term exchange-traded note (XIV) is down more than 80 percent in extended trading Monday. The security, issued by Credit Suisse, is supposed to give the opposite return of the Cboe Volatility index (VIX), the market's widely followed turbulence gauge.

The VIX doubled during regular market hours Monday, causing obvious havoc for a product seeking to track its inverse return. Though, the XIV dropped just 14 percent during regular trading.

But then after hours trading began and the security, popular with hedge funds betting on an ever-placid market, was off by 80 percent in extended trading.

The move after hours sparked fear among traders that violent declines in exchange-traded notes like this one would cause market volatility measures to spike further and weigh on the broader market.

four
5,087 posts
msg #144611
Ignore four
modified
9/9/2018 5:39:03 PM

Old article... same idea
http://www.optionstrategist.com/blog/2018/02/what-just-happened-volatility-etps-preview

More info
http://www.optionstrategist.com/blog/2017/09/will-short-volatility-trade-ever-disappear-xiv

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #144615
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/9/2018 9:50:20 PM

Well I guess that I want to show how from my stand point what I use to pick stock. Not every pick will be a success or failure. If I could write a book before I die so the common man or woman could take a stock chart with price and control their destiny more than relying on overpaid financial advisors.

But thats just me.

four
5,087 posts
msg #144616
Ignore four
9/9/2018 11:43:49 PM

Mac,

Found this as an option... http://www.lulu.com/

Of course there is YouTube

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #144617
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/10/2018 2:26:55 AM

Why Thank you FOUR.
You always have a lot of great info and can always come up with the right code that people are looking for.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What did everybody fall off the face of the earth?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.