StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Surge<< >>Post Follow-up
rrochon
117 posts
msg #27515
Ignore rrochon
7/22/2003 3:18:56 PM

How would you design a filter to show the stocks that went up greatly, with high volume, the last 30 minutes of the day, and closed with many orders not filled? Bulletin board stocks would probably be best, since they do not trade after the close, so unfilled orders could not be filled. This might be a good filter to sell short soon after the open.

Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Dick

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27518
Ignore xplorer
7/23/2003 7:06:15 AM

That would be great to scan for intra-day traits ... StockFetcher does end of day scans only .... there has been mention of adding this feature (intraday) , but I believe its still just an idea.

rrochon
117 posts
msg #27520
Ignore rrochon
7/23/2003 4:09:26 PM

I understand that Fetcher does only end of day scans, but could you do a filter that would find stocks that zoomed the last half hour of the day on high volume? Even if you didn't know until after the market closed you might be able to use the info for trading at the open.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27522
Ignore xplorer
7/23/2003 9:36:39 PM

Hmmm ... I tried to get the results you are looking for ... and this seemed to find some ....but it also has results that I don't think should be showing up???? Anyways ... here is a start for you ...

Fetcher[show stocks where intraday intensity(21) crossed above 7 and
Volume is above average volume(10)
]

I will look into finding a more reliable scan ....

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27524
Ignore xplorer
7/23/2003 9:44:15 PM

... here is another way to get some interesting results ... let me know what you think ....

(click below)

Fetcher[show stocks where volume is above average volume(2) and
volume is above average volume(3) and
volume is above average volume(5) and
volume is above average volume(10) and
volume is above average volume(15) and
volume is above average volume(20) and
volume is above average volume(25) and
and close is above open
]

rrochon
117 posts
msg #27543
Ignore rrochon
7/24/2003 12:45:32 PM

xplorer,

Some of them look pretty good. I am looking for stocks that shoot up, particularly at the end of the day (last 30 minutes) on heavy volume, so that I can short them at the open. Like a "dead cat bounce" in reverse. Thanks for your efforts. I'll keep watching to see what you get. I'm so new to this system that I don't understand everything I know about it.

Hopefully, if you can come up with something that works consistently, we can just reverse the screen and catch "dead cat bounce" prospects too.

Thanks,

Dick

rrochon
117 posts
msg #27544
Ignore rrochon
7/24/2003 12:54:49 PM

I modified the price by adding 25%, and came up with the kind of stocks I was looking for. Great job!

Dick

rrochon
117 posts
msg #27545
Ignore rrochon
7/24/2003 12:56:27 PM

I'm sorry. That wasn't very clear. I just changed the price to: "and close is 25% above open."

Dick

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27554
Ignore xplorer
7/24/2003 9:05:02 PM

Nice addition .... it looks a bit risky...at least on the first day . Is there some other trait that you are looking for ? .... like which one from the current scan looks appealling to you ?

Stock
Fetcher[show stocks where volume is above average volume(2) and
volume is above average volume(3) and
volume is above average volume(5) and
volume is above average volume(10) and
volume is above average volume(15) and
volume is above average volume(20) and
volume is above average volume(25) and
and close is 25% above open
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Surge<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.