StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Scan for Weekly Charts<< >>Post Follow-up
ibankcoin
24 posts
msg #154364
Ignore ibankcoin
10/18/2020 8:54:39 PM

Does anyone know of site that allows for you to scan for patterns on a weekly chart or anything on a weekly chart. Have visited most all of the well known ones and they only focus on the daily. Thanks.

xarlor
562 posts
msg #154376
Ignore xarlor
10/19/2020 2:36:05 PM

From the usage guide:

Chart-Display

Chart-display is a very specific phrase that tells a chart to be converted to weekly mode. Like the other chart options, this does not affect screening results; instead it provides another way to draw the chart. By telling StockFetcher to place the chart in weekly mode, all of the plots, including price, are converted to the appropriate weekly values. Any measures or indicators that were a part of the screen are also converted to their weekly counterpart. As an example, below is a screen that looks for a 10 and 50 day moving average crossover.

Fetcher[
MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
]

Adding the phrase chart-display is weekly to this screen doesn’t affect the individual matches; however, it does convert our averages from 10 and 50 day to 10 and 50 week averages. The new example is:

Fetcher[
MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
and chart-display is weekly
]

While providing the ability to analyze weekly charts, this addition can be confusing when verifying that a particular condition occurred. Therefore, it is important to be careful when using weekly charts.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #154384
Ignore graftonian
modified
10/19/2020 6:42:45 PM

As Desi Arnaz used to say "Splain it to me". What is the difference between "Weekly Average Price" and "Average Weekly Price". I don't know, but it does make a difference, in different contexts. I know I've gone awry when the labels on a draw plot read "Weekly weekly average"; Go figure. Out of frustration, in the past, I have used 5 days and stayed away from the weekly quagmire. The results have generally appeared reasonable. There, it's said, I feel betted now.
Graf

Fetcher[
not OTCBB
chart-time is 50 days
draw MA(50)
draw weekly MA(10)

draw 50 day slope of MA(50)
Draw 10 week slope of weekly MA(10)

draw rsi(50)
draw weekly rsi(10) on plot rsi(50)
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Scan for Weekly Charts<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.