StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD Slow Line Turn<< >>Post Follow-up
pigfetch17
1 posts
msg #147093
Ignore pigfetch17
3/27/2019 10:56:58 AM

I want a filter that will show a turn in the MACD slow line(5,20) from up sloping to down sloping or from down sloping to up sloping over a given time period (10, 20, 30 days) etc.

For a turn from down sloping to an up sloping line I've come up with two possibilities:

and the MACD slow line(5,20) is above .01
and the MACD slow line(5,20) 20 days ago is below .-01

or

and the 3 day slope of the MACD slow line(5,20) is above .01
and the 3 day slope of the MACD slow line(5,20) 20 days ago is below .-01

For a turn from up sloping to down sloping:

and the MACD slow line(5,20) is below .01
and the MACD slow line(5,20) 20 days ago is above .-01

or

and the 3 day slope of the MACD slow line(5,20) is below .01
and the 3 day slope of the MACD slow line(5,20) 20 days ago is above .-01

These seem to work most of the time but I sometimes get bad results. I hope I have all the above and below and .01 and .-01 etc. in right places in the formulas.

If anyone has any insight to what I have already come up with or a different approach, it would be appreciated.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #147097
Ignore nibor100
3/27/2019 12:42:56 PM

look at the stock charts from the results of the following filter and maybe it will help you determine why some of the results are not what you expect.

Ed S.

Fetcher[
and the 3 day slope of the MACD slow line(5,20) is above .01
and the 3 day slope of the MACD slow line(5,20) 20 days ago is below .-01

do not draw macd(5,20)
]

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #147099
Ignore graftonian
3/27/2019 5:01:45 PM

It is fairly easy, just remember you want to control the slope, not the line, ie:
slope of MACD crosses below 0, or slope of MACD approaching 0 from below (or above)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD Slow Line Turn<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.