StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD Filter Help please<< >>Post Follow-up
mystockid
15 posts
msg #154972
Ignore mystockid
12/16/2020 12:31:26 PM

Hi All,
Please excuse my lack of knowledge for what it's called. But I'll do my best to describe it. I need to know stocks (non OTC and ETFs) with Volume over 1M.

These stocks need to be a the point where the bars on the MACD is at it's maximum length. I need two sets of filters:
One where the stock is on a upward trend for say 7 to 14 days, but the stock is at a point where the MACD red bars are at it's peek length and the very next bar is a reversal (meaning shorter than the previous bar) to continue it's upward trend.

Then the other filter is the reverse version where, the stock is on a downward trend for about 7 to 10 days, but the MACD Green bars are at it's peek length and the very next bar is a reversal to continue the downward trend

Please help. Thank you

xarlor
562 posts
msg #154975
Ignore xarlor
12/16/2020 5:23:31 PM

Hi mystockid! Have you tried writing a filter for any of the different parts? If so, go ahead and post it so I can help you flesh it out. Feed a man a fish, teach him to fish, and all that.

mystockid
15 posts
msg #154994
Ignore mystockid
12/17/2020 2:21:40 PM

Very fair point Xarlor! Wise words...

Here is what I came up with:

Fetcher[ market is not otcbb
market is not etf
And average volume(10)>100000
and MACD Histogram(12,26,9) 2 day ago is Decreasing for the last 5 days
and Keltner Band(10) increasing for last 10 days
]

But it's not doing what I want. I want to find JUST at that point when the histogram of the MACD is at it's down peak, and the very next histogram bar is less than the peak. PLUS I want that to be a stock that is GENERALLY in an upward trugectory. That turn could be the end of a pause in the upward movement where shorts have exited and the stock is ready to continue it's upward motion. (OR NOT)...lol

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #154995
Ignore graftonian
12/17/2020 4:05:37 PM

@mystockid,
Great start, my 2 cents worth
Fetcher[
market is not otcbb
market is not etf
And average volume(10)>100000 /*100000 or 1000000?*/
and MACD Histogram(12,26,9) 2 dayS ago is Decreasing for the last 5 days
/*You need a line to search for the upturn, such as*/
MACD Histogram(12,26,9) increasing for the last 2 days
and Keltner Band(10) increasing for last 10 days
]

mystockid
15 posts
msg #155000
Ignore mystockid
modified
12/18/2020 1:03:00 AM

Thanks @graftonian
Looks good. However, I tweaked your codes a little. Take a look:

Fetcher[market is not otcbb
market is not etf
And average volume(10)>1000000
and price > 1
/*Keltner has to be decreasing not increasing because with it set to increasing, the turn already happened and is continuing*/
and Keltner Band(10) decreasing for last 5 days
]

I was finding with an increasing Keltner, the turn already happened days ago. So with a decreasing Keltner, and the increasing MACD, I'll see the birth of the hook. All I need to do is wait for conformation, do some thorough research in the company, then buy if both pans out with the appropriate stop loss
Do you agree @Xarlor? I'm sure you can top this. lol

mystockid
15 posts
msg #155001
Ignore mystockid
12/18/2020 1:18:29 AM

Just found FIZZ, that's the perfect setup. Just need to see if it's a good one to jump into.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #155004
Ignore graftonian
12/18/2020 9:31:43 AM

FIZZ opened @ 85.88. Got it on a post it note.
Duane

xarlor
562 posts
msg #155008
Ignore xarlor
12/18/2020 10:53:00 AM

graftonian included the Keltner bands going up because one of your requirements was "One where the stock is on a upward trend for say 7 to 14 days". By removing that line, you're getting all stock regardless of their general trend.

I added a line at the end to only give you tickers that are trending up, though it may be for a lot longer than 14 days.

Otherwise, the filter looks like it's doing what you want it to.

Fetcher[
market is not otcbb
market is not etf
And average volume(10)>1000000
and price > 1
/*Keltner has to be decreasing not increasing because with it set to increasing, the turn already happened and is continuing*/
and Keltner Band(10) decreasing for last 5 days
count(close > wma(150),100) > 95
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD Filter Help please<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.