StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fundamental Analysis<< 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 >>Post Follow-up
Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #153680
Ignore Cheese
8/21/2020 5:12:17 PM

@karennma

Apparently, today TSLA price action was somewhat disctorted
People have to buy aapl and tsla today to qualify as "holder of record" and get the split shares on 8/31
Fidelity got that info to their clients

Other than that, you may want to research TSLA competition lining up all over the world from USA,
to China (state sponsored), to Europe. Also, TSLA may have vulnerability in its supply chain.

Full disclosure:
I'm just passing info that I've read. I actually know nothing about TSLA

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #153681
Ignore Cheese
8/21/2020 5:26:44 PM

@karennma

Don't be too sad. You have to believe more in yourself.
You are an experienced, well-read successful businesswoman.
You must have been more right than wrong in order to get to this point in your life.

Here is a thoughtful warning today from an investment firm:
The first half of a "W" looks like a "V"
Take a moment to think about it.

Markets will likely go up some more next week with RNC
But we may not really be out of the woods, yet.
We may be living a manufactured illusion.
Keep calm.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #153687
Ignore karennma
8/21/2020 8:44:12 PM

What? AAPL and TSLA are splitting?
sigh ...
Do you realize THIS TIME LAST YEAR, TSLA was $214.?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #153688
Ignore karennma
8/21/2020 8:46:06 PM

TSLA Tesla 8/28/2020 5-1

OMG! FIVE for one!!?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #153830
Ignore karennma
modified
8/31/2020 8:03:28 AM

Looser Monetary Policy
If it gets any "looser" there will be no monetary policy at all.
These are "the roaring 20's."

https://www.investing.com/analysis/fed-bids-goodbye-to-phillips-curve-and-preemptive-interest-rate-hikes-200535780

Read the tea-leaves please.
If I'd gotten THIS news 3 months ago, I would've stayed IN the market.

==============================================
EDIT:
Lesson Learned.
FED policy is more important than tech analysis if you're a LT holder.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #153833
Ignore Cheese
modified
8/31/2020 10:48:56 AM

@karennma

The article you've quoted was only published today. It is the hindsight view of one author.
Carl Icahn once reminded his TV host that people who wrote articles for the internet
are not chauffeured to work, They take public transit.

I've watched several post-FOMC press conferences and read the minutes. Fed Chairs
of all stripes tend to speak from both sides of their mouths. The minutes are always cryptic
and often as clear as mud.

Fed Chairs of all stripes have several times told the Congress and the media that
1. They didn't know
2. They were wrong
3. Every meeting, they needed to wait for more data

Over the weekend, a friend reminded me that things were very different 3 months ago.
Many countries were shut down or locked down. In Wuhan, seriously ill but still alive patients
were wheeled out to be cremated. In New York, hospitals and morgues were overwhelmed.
Corpses were put in body bags and sit up on chairs in staff lounges. Trucks full of corpses
sat in the parking lot.

I cannot change the past, but if I make the right decisions now, I can still change
the future. The key learning for me is to develop better insights and believe in them
more. I look forward to reading Mac's promised post of his Guppy insights,

Just my two cents.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #153850
Ignore karennma
modified
9/1/2020 8:06:24 AM

Re: "The article you've quoted was only published today. It is the hindsight view of one author.
Carl Icahn once reminded his TV host that people who wrote articles for the internet
are not chauffeured to work, They take public transit."
======================================

That comment was RUDE, offensive and unnecessary.
The post was NOT hindsight; in fact, it was foresight. I posted the link here the DAY (date-8/31/20) the article was posted online .. in a timely manner.
The article was regarding the upcoming stimulus package, not the old one.
BTW, regarding the author who wrote the article; Darrell Delamaide is 70 years old and a well-known writer who specializes in financial markets. He probably has a car.
His books on Amazon all have 4-5 star ratings.

I post on this thread HOPING it will benefit people who are trying to make money.
Carl Icahn has already made his. He's obnoxious, arrogant and full of himself.
Do you think he gives a $#*+ about anybody on SF? He can KMA.

A NEW round of stimulus ...
https://distincttoday.net/2020/08/31/mnuchin-says-trump-wants-to-provide-another-round-of-stimulus-checks-but-democrats-wont-negotiate/
Published: 04:28 BST, 1 September 2020 | Updated: 04:30 BST, 1 September 2020

"Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin announced on Monday that Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will introduce a new stimulus bill next week. "
First Posted: Sep 01, 2020 12:13 AM EDT
https://www.latinpost.com/articles/147138/20200901/mcconnell-will-introduce-stimulus-bill-next-week-mnuchin.htm

Another reason why I've started limiting my posts on SF ...
Stimulus News matters! (and it's easy to trade!)

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #153852
Ignore Cheese
9/1/2020 9:49:26 AM

@karennma
It was not my intention to offend.
I thought a discussion is a sharing of diverse opinions.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #153853
Ignore Cheese
9/1/2020 9:53:41 AM

@karennma
and I do thank you for the article.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #153860
Ignore karennma
9/1/2020 12:39:11 PM

@ Cheese,
Your welcome.
:>)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fundamental Analysis<< 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.