StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fundamental Analysis<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152902
Ignore karennma
7/2/2020 6:12:17 PM

karennma
7,676 posts
msg #152901
- Edit message 7/2/2020 6:10:59 PM
I'm gonna start another thread (called Fundamental Analysis), which might explain why the market keeps going up.
First ... today's jobs numbers.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152904
Ignore karennma
modified
7/2/2020 6:31:28 PM

As per President's Trump's Press Conference Today ... (7/02/2020)

Look at today's jobs numbers: (scroll down) - in the midst of a (fake) pandemic.
Since March, just 4 months ago, the markets are up:
DOW = 42%
NDX = 48%
This doesn't sound like a recession to me.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-jobs-numbers-report-2/

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152905
Ignore karennma
modified
7/2/2020 6:33:38 PM

karennma
7,678 posts
msg #152889
modified 7/2/2020 8:25:08 AM
Re: Bubble ...
THIS IS NOT GOING TO STOP ...
Read this:
Quote:
"Just yesterday Fed Chair Jerome Powell emphasized to Congress that the Fed is “years away from halting its assets monetization scheme.”
"The next step will be for the Fed to buy stocks. "

https://gainspainscapital.com/2020/06/17/the-fed-just-admitted-it-wont-stop-printing-money-for-years-heres-how-to-profit-from-this/

klynn55
747 posts
msg #152906
Ignore klynn55
7/2/2020 6:34:13 PM

so the pandemic is fake but the job numbers are good, i don't follow the logic?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152907
Ignore karennma
7/2/2020 7:06:13 PM

klynn,
Well if you don't understand ... you don't.
I can't help you.
Enjoy your day!
;>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152908
Ignore karennma
modified
7/2/2020 7:10:00 PM

klynn,
You're on ignore.
I can't deal with your childish BS.
You can post whatever you want here, but I WON'T see it so don't expect a response from me.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152909
Ignore Cheese
7/2/2020 8:06:00 PM

karennma,

Are you young enough to remember the wonderful moneycentral before it was swallowed up by msn?.

moneycentral was a long running investing and trading website with 4 regular contributors / columnists.

One of them was a highly successful real-life investment firm with a high consistent win rate.

Here is their four-pillar approach:

1. Political analysis

2. Sentiment analysis

3. Fundamental analysis

4. Technical analysis

Political analysis is not political affiliation, not political debate, not political opinions.
Political analysis is calm and cool, and has little emotions.
Political analysis is strictly about making money for ourselves.

Political analysis was possible when America was not polarized.
Political analysis was possible under a thousand points of lights of a kinder, gentler
America under President and war hero George H W Bush
‘Fair winds and following seas, Sir’

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #152911
Ignore Cheese
7/2/2020 8:28:50 PM

karennma,

The other question I would like to ask you is:
Are you young enough to remember what other forums used to say about us in the very earlier years?
They said Stockfetcher people are not real traders. They are workforce refugees.

As recently as 2019, johnpaulca wrote a post to remind us
Not everyone who trades can be called traders.

This is very important.
Some us who didn't edge that in our minds might live to regret it.

Happy and humble investing

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152912
Ignore karennma
7/2/2020 10:23:26 PM

karennma,

The other question I would like to ask you is:
#1-They said Stockfetcher people are not real traders. They are workforce refugees.
As recently as 2019, johnpaulca wrote a post to remind us
#2- Not everyone who trades can be called traders.
#3- Some us who didn't edge that in our minds might live to regret it.
Happy and humble investing
======================================

#1- Probably true. I got the impression that most SF subscribers had FT jobs.
I haven't worked full-time since 1988. So, when I joined SF in 2000 I was semi-retired.
#2- I quit trading about 3 years ago (2017) because frankly, it's too much work and time-consuming. There are a lot of threads on here I don't read because ... I am NOT a "trader" and I dislike anything that feels (to me) like gambling.
BTW, John Paulca WORKED FULL-TIME and traded while on the job.
People assume if you're on SF, you're trading. That is NOT true.
#3- I've been very transparent about NOT trading.
Just because I "post" messages here doesn't mean I'm trading.
See posts below ....

karennma
7,681 posts
msg #141716 2/1/2018 9:07:22 PM
@ Dave,
Earlier this year I realized, in the long run, I would've been better off just holding thru thick n' thin.
So, I no longer trade positions. I also dislike "gambling"
I simply have a portfolio and I look at filters only to add to the portfolio.
karennma
7,681 posts
msg #150129 1/5/2020 7:30:28 PM
I felt early in 2018 my portfolio was in trouble because I was NOT trading anymore - just holding.

"KNOW THYSELF" - and you won't burn yourself out - or worse, lose all your money.

Frankly,
I only have ONE position = long. When I think markets are gonna move against me in a big way, I bail, mainly because I don't like gambling. "Win a few, lose a few"? - I don't do that anymore. "Wait and See" ? Nope. Not me!
What I do, ain't "trading" .... What I do is: avoid risk, avoid volatility and avoid losses. It ain't "trading".

I've said this numerous times, and I'll repeat it ...
The name of this website is: SF "Stock Screening and Analysis".
Nowhere does it say "daytrading software".
Sadly, some of my favorite SF people are gone .. probably because ...
"KNOW THYSELF" - and you won't burn yourself out - or worse, lose all your money.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #152913
Ignore karennma
7/2/2020 10:28:33 PM

Full Disclosure:
There were also years when I wasn't in the market at all.
But I still posted here.
However, I NEVER "pretended" like I was trading.
That's dishonest .. and it's not funny if people lose money because you've posted BS.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fundamental Analysis<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.