StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A Challenge ... the actual selections ...the best you can offer<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up
xplorer
257 posts
msg #27603
Ignore xplorer
7/28/2003 11:25:02 PM

A little challenge to everyone that thinks they have "one of the best scans" ... or can get consistant results ... prove it. Back testing works fine, but I want to see the real results. Can you stand up to the challenge ?

I ran my scan ...and culled out the losers. Here are my best pick for Tuesday 7/29/03. I plan on holding from 1 to 10 days.

Let see if anyone can pick a better stock ! I'll post a new pick every day ... do you think you can select a better pick ? ... Try ! Can you handle a challenge ? Show us a single stock ...and the buy price ... the rest will be history.

INET ... in at $4.46 (for Tuesday 7/29/03)

9 posts
msg #27605
Ignore 19546
7/29/2003 12:03:14 AM

BUY TMAR AT 2.42

gruender
101 posts
msg #27607
Ignore gruender
7/29/2003 10:26:44 AM

Buy SNIC at $8.90 for a quick 2-3 day trade. Earnings come out after close on Wed. Stock usually sells off after earnings come out but has been a quick way to pick up some $$$$$ up to earnings release.

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #27608
Ignore papagatorga
7/29/2003 11:21:41 AM

Unfortunately mine didn't give a buy today but will take you up on the challenge when it does. My last 5 were are
TRPH in 1.25 out 1.49 next day
DTMG IN .18 OUT .18 5 DAYS
UDW in .23 out .35 3 days
ATML in 3.17 still holding
TE in 12.52 out 12.38 3 days
These did not come from a StockFetcher screen. I am recent to Stockfetcher and still looking for that one special screen. So far I have had my best results from MACD and RSI screens in very oversold conditions, cutting losses quickly and letting profits run. By the way the reason I gave last 5 was I hadn't used this tool in over a month. These are the only 5 I have used with current settings on my tool. I wasn't cherry picking. I checked out the chart on INET and believe it could come down a little more. If I entered a position I would only go in with half my usual investment anticipating I may average down because MACD and RSI are not yet in very oversold condition but getting there..

KCOPPOLA
6 posts
msg #27610
Ignore KCOPPOLA
7/29/2003 6:47:01 PM

Xplorer - You really got out of the starting gate today with INET.
Gruender, SNIC was a nice $1 for the day too.

Are you folks planning on sharing the secret to your success?

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #27611
Ignore txtrapper
7/29/2003 6:54:51 PM

Let's see if this horse can run, MRVC $2.28 in Tuesday July 28,2003

tx

arlenaghan
3 posts
msg #27612
Ignore arlenaghan
7/29/2003 7:05:18 PM

I came up with VRA (viragen) at around .23-.25 (already made a couple cents....) this company makes an interferon (natural) that folks can take when they cannot tolerate the synthetic kind...I really liked all the charts I made on this one.....
Another I got into wsa WBR (Wyndham International), a hotel and resort company.....which I got for .51 today........According to Yahoo profiles the Price/Book is .09 and the Price/Sales is .05......wow......sort of undervalued I would say, with a market cap of $84.0M and sales of $1.60B.....hard to bash this cheapie......let me know what you think, out there, all the best,,,,,,

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27614
Ignore xplorer
7/29/2003 9:14:36 PM

Great to see the interest here ! Some interesting picks ... but I'll stay with my little screen... until I can be shown something better. What do you have ?

INET did pull through for me ... and the chart was screaming. The turning point (not the buy point) was when it touched 4.25 AGAIN ( Friday 7/25) and then bounced up and the volume picked up on Monday (7/28)(the sellers were drying up ...and the buyers were getting hungry). Stochastics was saying "over-sold" "buy me". Now it looks like it may hit a little resistance at $5.00 ( a little pull-back is probable)...so I'll sell at that point.

19546 ... TMAR still looks like it has good potential ... I am going to wait and watch it...

gruender ... the stock did move !!! ... I wish you posted that a day earlier !!!

papagatorga ... ok ... lets see what your scan does for Wednesday !

KCOPPOLA ... always willing to share ... I would like to see other's scans too ... I want to see some challenges....so we can compare notes !!!

txtrapper ... you got ball's to get in now ...

arlenaghan ... another one I'll put on my watch list ... I like the "up days" on bigger volume ...

I don't do my stock screens till a little later ... but had to see what was going on with the challenge. I'll be back with my pick for Wednesday... let's see what you got !

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27615
Ignore xplorer
7/29/2003 9:25:44 PM

My pick for Wednesday 7/30 is ASE ... but be careful on this little gem ... it has a low average volume ... though a nice little move is about to happen !

ASE ... buy at $10.00

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #27616
Ignore txtrapper
7/29/2003 9:47:03 PM

My pick for Wednesday 7/30/2002 is MRVC. It just had instutional buying "volume spike" and the MA(5) is crossing the MA(21). I'll stay as long as MACD and Williams %R stay on the "buy side".

tx

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A Challenge ... the actual selections ...the best you can offer<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.