StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO'S CROCK POT 2.0<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 >>Post Follow-up
redversa721
157 posts
msg #157962
Ignore redversa721
modified
11/1/2021 5:40:45 AM

[@miketranz,

1. Last Monday I entered a test trade, with real money, on the top stock returned by the Tro Crock Pot 2.0 filter.
I do not know how to enter a trade over the weekend to execute at the Open price in TD Ameritrade, so I used a market order at the Open and while I was fumbling around to enter a profit stop at 3% HG had already gone up over 6% so I closed that trade with a market order; learning that what RedVersa721 says is true that a lot of these stocks move very quickly after Monday's Open.

2. Below is a modified version of his filter with some additional statistic columns and chart plots that may be of interest to those of you who are accomplished day traders. Columns for 52 wk avg weekly profit, and number of weeks, out of last 52, that hit 3%, 4% and 5%, also a drawing of the weekly profit pct with a line marking the 5% level.

It seems to me that this filter routinely finds stocks that are dynamic, week in and week out, and should be able to exploited for more than 2% a week by adept day traders. (i.e. not me)

Ed S.
]
=====================

Nibor

Small correction if I may. I think the stock was HX instead of HG..

Also to understand how much HX fluctuates, the stock opened at 5.62 and went up to 6.82 [21% gain on day] but ended the week with a loss of 23%
So speed is essential in entering the exit orders monday morning.

Mike T
I have also been updating the thread with my journey using real money [about 5-6K/ week] for the past 8 weeks.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157963
Ignore redversa721
11/1/2021 10:15:11 AM

Nibor

regarding specifically entering the order during the weekend, if you just enter the market order on the weekend it should normally fill at the open price.

When scaling up, I think it is important to enter the orders as early as possible to get the best possible fill as close to open price . I noticed even on very liquid stocks, when I enter a market order 30 mins before market open, there can be a substantial difference between the 'actual' equity open price and fill price.

To adhere to the model as closely as possible, I try to enter the weekend 'market order' before sunday.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #157964
Ignore nibor100
11/1/2021 12:44:06 PM

@redversa721,

a. Yes, HX was the stock I bought and sold last Monday not HG.

b. Regarding entering orders over the weekend to get Monday Open price entries, I was/am concerned that such an order would be entered at an afterhours/beforehours price instead of the stock Monday Open price.

c. If I'm reading your suggestion properly, trades entered before the market Open on Monday are executed by the brokers in the order they are received? size of the order doesn't affect the orders precedence?

Thanks,
Ed S.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #157965
Ignore nibor100
11/1/2021 2:58:18 PM

1. The Tro Crock Pot 2.0 filter looks for stocks that had at least 45 weeks of achieving 2% above the Monday Open price out of the past 52 weeks.

Redversa721 uses that filter with a key modification of sorting by the weekly pct gain column to get the stocks that had the largest weekly gains at the top, and his mod seems to work very well when looking at his test results so far.

2. So my analysis performed during the 2nd half of Saturday's Gator tragic loss to Georgia; was based on assuming that an individual was so confident in the TCP 2.0 stats that he didn't bother to run the filter on Oct 23rd and instead chose to just use the stocks found by the filter the week before.

The results were pretty good as 21 out of the 22 stocks picked on Oct16 achieved the now 2.2% target.
So you might think that's because most of the stocks were the same as those picked on Oct23, but that was not the case as only 6 out of 22 were duplicates.

3. So further down that rabbit hole:

Using the picks from Oct 9 results in all of them achieving the 2.2% target, with 10 duplicate stocks from Oct 23rd.

Using the picks from Oct 2 results in 2 stocks failing to achieve the 2.2% target, with only 3 duplicate stocks from Oct 23rd. All of them achieved the 1%.

While a couple of other comparisons are fairly obvious to try, I stopped there....
Ed S.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157969
Ignore Cheese
11/1/2021 7:26:00 PM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/TRO-S-CROCK-POT-2-0/115856/180
nibor100 11/1/2021 2:58:18 PM
==========================================================

Thank you, Ed for your additional insights,
and thank you, redversa for your winning filter improvement.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157970
Ignore redversa721
11/1/2021 8:07:50 PM

1. The Tro Crock Pot 2.0 filter looks for stocks that had at least 45 weeks of achieving 2% above the Monday Open price out of the past 52 weeks.

Redversa721 uses that filter with a key modification of sorting by the weekly pct gain column to get the stocks that had the largest weekly gains at the top, and his mod seems to work very well when looking at his test results so far.

2. So my analysis performed during the 2nd half of Saturday's Gator tragic loss to Georgia; was based on assuming that an individual was so confident in the TCP 2.0 stats that he didn't bother to run the filter on Oct 23rd and instead chose to just use the stocks found by the filter the week before.

The results were pretty good as 21 out of the 22 stocks picked on Oct16 achieved the now 2.2% target.
So you might think that's because most of the stocks were the same as those picked on Oct23, but that was not the case as only 6 out of 22 were duplicates.

3. So further down that rabbit hole:

Using the picks from Oct 9 results in all of them achieving the 2.2% target, with 10 duplicate stocks from Oct 23rd.

Using the picks from Oct 2 results in 2 stocks failing to achieve the 2.2% target, with only 3 duplicate stocks from Oct 23rd. All of them achieved the 1%.

While a couple of other comparisons are fairly obvious to try, I stopped there....
Ed S.

================

Ed [hahah not Nibor anymore :-p]

Thanks for the very interesting analysis. So looks like the stocks kinda have positive after shocks for the weeks going forward . The numbers for the 20 odd stocks are very bullish.

individuals do have to note that this means that the 2.2% is reset each week and the analysis for forward looking three weeks is that the stock gains at least 2.2% for "EACH" week. so buy and hold is risky as the prior week could have been down 30%

Since the last 4 weeks the market was pretty good, it will be interesting to see how this dynamic works in a more volatile market.

This week [monday] has been a slam dunk so far with 22 of 24 already exited at 2.2%.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157997
Ignore redversa721
11/5/2021 5:37:10 PM

Week 9
Total Buys 24
Wins : 23
Loss
Unsold : 1

weekly p&l
Gain Only: 168.74
Loss Only:

Total:
Total Gain : 1117.96 [ Since Start]
Total Loss : -261.76 [Since Start]
Net : 856.2 [ Since Start]

Week 1 unsold : 0
Week 2 unsold : 2
Week 3 unsold : 1
Week 4 unsold : 1
Week 5 Unsold : 0
Week 6 Unsold : 2
Week 7 Unsold : 0
Week 8 Unsold : 0
Week 9 Unsold : 1

Win % : 90.91
Loss % : 5.56
Unsold % : 3.54

Summary: This was a very good week with 23 out of 24 sold by Tuesday i think. A few more older loss making trades hit my exit value [some of them went from > 20% loss to about 7-10% loss and I exited those positions.

One of the week 7 as well as week 8 stocks sold at profit as well.
Excited about the next week but also leery with all the indices at highs.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157999
Ignore Cheese
11/5/2021 7:25:54 PM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/TRO-S-CROCK-POT-2-0/115856/180
redversa721 11/5/2021 5:37:10 PM
====================================================================

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, redversa721
Your CROCK POT 2.0 info is very useful for my learning and trading
and I am happy to see your CROCK POT 2.0 trading results.

There are also some invaluable wisdom and warnings peppered throughout the many CROCK POT
threads and posts.

Some important posts in the CROCK POT spinoff and knock-off threads warned that
CROCK POT (spinoffs and knock-offs) work on market up trends.

If I understand TRO's original CROCK POT posts and thread correctly, they are about making
small wins consistently and carefully;
and, if I understand the CROCK POT spinoffs and knock-offs correctly, there seems to be
a touch of abandon for the sake of getting potentially higher returns at the risks of drawdowns.

Best wishes to you for many more happy returns.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #158021
Ignore Cheese
11/12/2021 2:03:22 PM

@redversa721,

This "meh, nothing burger" post is actually well-meaning and in appreciation of you sharing
your CROCK POT 2.O trading experience in recent months.
I've just heard that currently there are a lot more unfilled market gaps below
and very few market gaps above. I have not verified this info.

WDIK
LOL

redversa721
157 posts
msg #158026
Ignore redversa721
modified
11/12/2021 11:09:50 PM

Week 10
Total Buys 24
Wins : 16
Loss
Unsold : 8

weekly p&l
Gain Only: 102.84
Loss Only:

Total:
Total Gain : 1226.9 [ Since Start]
Total Loss : -261.76 [Since Start]
Net : 965.14 [ Since Start]

Week 1 unsold : 0
Week 2 unsold : 2
Week 3 unsold : 1
Week 4 unsold : 1
Week 5 Unsold : 0
Week 6 Unsold : 2
Week 7 Unsold : 0
Week 8 Unsold : 0
Week 9 Unsold : 0
Week 10 Unsold : 8

Win % : 88.74
Loss % : 4.95
Unsold % : 6.31

Summary: The momentum this week started a very high note with news of infrastructure bill and every stock on list was up > 5% from Fri evening close. This definitely was a new experience and I was a little concerned but stuck to process.

As feared, stocks tanked right after open and only 14 of 24 was sold on Monday.
On Tuesday another 2 was sold and the remaining 8 have mostly been fluctuating between 4% loss to 24% loss.

As with before , will be holding these loss holders for atleast 4 weeks.

If I consider the unrealized losses [approx -$250] , this week will be a net loss.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO'S CROCK POT 2.0<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.