StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO'S CROCK POT 2.0<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #157884
Ignore shillllihs
modified
10/15/2021 1:37:07 AM

Kind of a weak attempt at taking shots at a system that crushes the SP but I can see how you would be triggered. That system has 178 subscribers at $95 to $195 a month across the net depending on its performance you can do the math on that one, and that’s just my hobby.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157885
Ignore Cheese
10/15/2021 3:06:14 AM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/TRO-S-CROCK-POT-2-0/115856/160
==========================================================

There are more than one TQQQ SQQQ systems on Collective2,
with different strategies.
I don't know which is which, so I wouldn't know who to praise
but there is no ill will, either.

I checked TQQQ SQQQ systems from time to time for a simple reason:
it's easier to follow the trades of TQQQ SQQQ systems than other systems.

TQQQ SQQQ systems mainly focus on the two ETFs in their namesakes.
Collective2 posts detailed data for purchases, sales, gains, losses.
From time to time, I could learn something from that data.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #157887
Ignore shillllihs
modified
10/15/2021 5:07:32 PM

If my system suffered a moderate drawdown which it was but to the extent I predicted at 32% it’s because I’m using 3x leverage and I am human. I don’t use bots. Even the best system there fell 28% and it’s Ai. Several weeks ago I had to drive 3weeks back n forth seeing America cross country from Ca. to Chicago, I came back exhausted. I’ve already started 3 more systems that are doing even better than this one. I will be highly disappointed if they don’t average 100% a year or more and with perfect discipline could make 1000% in a bear market. Like I said this is just my hobby competing against AI & Professional traders and I was still ranked No.1 for 4 months and since have dropped to 23 in popularity…Pretty amazing.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #157890
Ignore nibor100
10/17/2021 11:48:10 AM

To conclude last week's paper trading analysis:

1. It turns out when I posted that it was unlikely that any more stocks would hit 2% gain stop by Friday's close I was dead wrong as 2 more stocks did achieve 2% and 1 more stock achieved 1 % gain for the week leaving:

18 out of the 20 achieved 1% gains for the week
17 out of the 20 achieved 2% gains for the week.

15 out of the 20 achieved 4% gains for the week
14 out of the 20 achieved 5% gains for the week.

2. In the gains that were most unlikely to be captured, 8 of the 20 had 10% or more increases between their Monday Opens and their weekly Highs, with 2 of them being over 20%.

3. What if you just bought the 20 and took a week long nap and sold at the close on Friday?

You would have ended the week with a -$70 loss (not recommended).

4. Redversa721 modified the Tro Crock Pot 2.0 filter to be sorted by the highest weekly gainers column for the prior week, and I chose those top 20 stocks using that filter: but, that filter actually found 61 stocks last Saturday, so here are a few results for the entire 61 group:

58 of them achieved the 1% gain
48 hit the 2% gain
37 hit the 5% gain

Ed S.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157896
Ignore Cheese
10/18/2021 10:03:54 AM

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/TRO-S-CROCK-POT-2-0/115856/160
nibor100 10/17/2021 11:48:10 AM

To conclude last week's paper trading analysis:

1. It turns out when I posted that it was unlikely that any more stocks would hit 2% gain stop by Friday's close I was dead wrong as 2 more stocks did achieve 2% and 1 more stock achieved 1 % gain for the week leaving:

2. In the gains that were most unlikely to be captured, 8 of the 20 had 10% or more increases between their Monday Opens and their weekly Highs, with 2 of them being over 20%

3. What if you just bought the 20 and took a week long nap and sold at the close on Friday?

You would have ended the week with a -$70 loss (not recommended).

4. Redversa721 modified the Tro Crock Pot 2.0 filter to be sorted by the highest weekly gainers column for the prior week, and I chose those top 20 stocks using that filter: but, that filter actually found 61 stocks last Saturday, so here are a few results for the entire 61 group:

58 of them achieved the 1% gain
48 hit the 2% gain
37 hit the 5% gain

Ed S.
=================================================================

THANK YOU, Ed S for the follow up and clarification. and
THANK YOU, Redversa721 for your winning sort idea !

I still need more practice.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157898
Ignore redversa721
10/18/2021 10:38:29 AM

Nibor
Pretty amazing analysis. Thank you for the putting in the work. It's amazing how the previous users were constrained by the additional commission fees they had to pay to complete a round trip trade which these days we do not have to. [Thanks technology]

To give an update of this current week, I bought 22, and I believe 10 stocks have already exited at the new 2.23% i have instituted. [last runs were exiting at 1.95%]

based on your analysis, if all weekly positive gain stocks are included and a easy trading bot created, for a minimum risk of $100/200 per stock , there is a easy 90% chance of getting 2% a week.

My plan is to create a trading bot [either self created or paid for on Etrade platform] for something similar after a 50 week run

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #157900
Ignore nibor100
10/18/2021 11:56:17 AM

@redversa721,

Looks like the week is starting well for that group of stocks, as of a filter run at 11:48 today, 12 have hit your new 2.23% stop and 10 of those have hit the imaginary 4% stop, and 16 have already hit the 1% stop.

Where would I find info on creating the kind of trading "bots" you are contemplating?

Thanks,
Ed S.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157904
Ignore redversa721
10/18/2021 6:05:44 PM

Hi Nibor
There are 2 major risks/constraints and a couple of minor issues with this strategy so far that I have identified
Minor:
1. ability to scale up the number of stocks that I can use to enter on sat
2. Plug in each order manually based on amt [calculate number of stocks based on bid / ask]

Major Risks
1. if I forget to wake up on time, the week could end up in a fiasco [This happened in week 2 on account of which my strategy is still hurting as i didnt set my alarm on Tuesday [Monday Holiday]
2. calculating the fill price on open and entering the exit trades, The more equities I enter the more I have to scramble.

Since I use Etrade which also has no commissions, the python or java code will be very simple
1. Should have a config profile for each scenario [for ex scenario 1, would be X total amt for Y number of shares max. Split open orders based on the config profile parameters]. The profile will determine how the sell parameters are calculated as well as time frame
for ex : profile 1 could be, Total = 5000, order type : Market on open, Exit Percent : 2%, Order expiration : 14 days

Profile 2 could be : Total 1200, order type : Market close, Exit percent = 2%, order expiration : 3 days

etc etc

2. On Sat or Sunday, I get my list of stocks from SF and then open up bot and enter equities after selecting profile 1

3. Leave Bot running on comp that can ping brokerage every few mins when market is closed.

3. Monday on market open, keeps track of all equities that are filled and calculate average fill price.

4. when a equity is filled, automatically send a close order at 2% based on Profile settings.

Now most of the code exists already on etrade . Just a matter of creating a decent GUI and keeping track of the stocks that were sent to be fulfilled
https://developer.etrade.com/getting-started/developer-guides

Again I do not want to spend the time or money on this , if the strategy does not pan out over multiple market scenarios. Based on manual back-testing, it looks like this can work but will give it a few more months.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #157914
Ignore redversa721
10/22/2021 6:57:47 PM

Week 7
Total Buys 22
Wins : 21
Loss
Unsold : 1

weekly p&l
Gain Only: 117.78
Loss Only:

Total:
Total Gain : 757.07 [ Since Start]
Total Loss : -212.82 [Since Start]
Net : 544.25 [ Since Start]

Week 1 unsold : 0
Week 2 unsold : 4
Week 3 unsold : 2
Week 4 unsold : 0
Week 5 Unsold : 2
Week 6 Unsold : 2
Week 7 Unsold : 1

Win % : 87.25
Loss % : 6.04
Unsold % : 6.71

Summary: Like Nibor previously mentioned, this week went very well. Most stocks were sold by Wednesday. some of the prev week unsold stocks went up as well and I sold them at a loss but exited the position. Couple of them were at > 25% loss for a few weeks but I sold them off when they were at a 10% loss COuld have held on but wanted to take a small/medium loss and exit position.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #157915
Ignore Cheese
10/22/2021 7:52:03 PM

redversa721 10/22/2021 6:57:47 PM
Summary: Like Nibor previously mentioned, this week went very well. Most stocks were sold by Wednesday. some of the prev week unsold stocks went up as well and I sold them at a loss but exited the position. Couple of them were at > 25% loss for a few weeks but I sold them off when they were at a 10% loss COuld have held on but wanted to take a small/medium loss and exit position.
======================================================================

THANK YOU, redversa721, and congratulations on your winning trades !
How to handle losing positions is very useful learning for me.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO'S CROCK POT 2.0<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.