StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 1 month low filter<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up
nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #147730
Ignore nibor100
5/8/2019 4:37:21 PM

@ kossvet,

Thanks for the clarifications.
Ed S.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #147732
Ignore graftonian
5/8/2019 9:07:37 PM

Kosvet, to see if I understand this, Thurs morning stocks of interest could be MCO, IT, DFS, among others.
Graf

kossvet
147 posts
msg #147733
Ignore kossvet
5/8/2019 9:32:53 PM

Graftonian
My first 3 plays from this system filtered are
DIS
V
MA
When I'm perusing thru the stocks, I check to see how the filter performed overall on this candidate.
I try to choose a stock that failed last time. Which would have been my first play(and a loser).
So I make my first commitment this time around. In theory this would be like my second go round for this particular stock. I hope this is making sense to you. Many of the buy signals in this system are great, but it is easy for me to say this, it's a whole other story to have someone trust in this. That is why I have decided to share my plays, in the hopes I might help somebody. Feel free to ask any questions you would like, this is a learning experience for all of us. Out of those three stocks I probably would play DIS, Last trade in it was unsuccessful.
Good Luck

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #147735
Ignore Cheese
5/8/2019 10:33:38 PM

Somehow, after a while, the charts stopped showing, so I'm posting kossvet's filter again.
Fetcher[
Fetcher[
Show stocks where high reached a new 1 year high within the last 2 weeks
and cma(high,6) has been decreasing for the last 2 days
and cma(low,2) was lower 1 day ago
and cma(low,2) is increasing for the last 1 day
and draw cma(low,2)
and close has been above ma(50) for the last 10 days

and Average Volume(90) is above 500000
and price is between 10 and 500
and draw ma(10)
and draw ma(20)
and draw ma(50)

and stock is optionable
]

bushynose
22 posts
msg #147739
Ignore bushynose
5/9/2019 3:12:14 AM

Fetcher[Show stocks where high reached a new 1 year high within the last 2 weeks
and cma(low,2) is increasing for the last 1 day
and draw cma(low,2)

and draw ma(10)
and draw ma(20)
and draw ma(50)

and stock is optionable

set{var1, count(high reached a new 1 year high within the last 2 weeks, 1)}
draw var1
set{var2, count(cma(high,6) has been decreasing for the last 2 days, 1)}
draw var2
set{var4, count(cma(low,2) is increasing for the last 1 day, 1)}
draw var4
set{var5, count(close has been above ma(50) for the last 10 days, 1)}
draw var5
]

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #147740
Ignore nibor100
5/9/2019 7:23:00 AM

2kossvet,

Since you are kind enough to answer questions, I have a few more:

a. In your 1st post you mentioned you keep a log of the stock signals you get from this filter, does that mean you are logging all signals, and how they performed if you had bought a Call on each, or are you just logging the stocks you actually make Call purchases in?

b. Later on in that same post you have a couple of phrases that indicate you might only be logging the stocks whose Calls were not profitable and not logging any of the profitable Calls, am I reading that part incorrectly?

c. Are you also logging the max profit reached for each Call you buy before you exit and by chance what moving avg the stock is nearest to at that point in time?

Thanks,
Ed S.

kossvet
147 posts
msg #147742
Ignore kossvet
5/9/2019 8:19:21 AM

Nibor100

a. In your 1st post you mentioned you keep a log of the stock signals you get from this filter, does that mean you are logging all signals, and how they performed if you had bought a Call on each, or are you just logging the stocks you actually make Call purchases in?

b. Later on in that same post you have a couple of phrases that indicate you might only be logging the stocks whose Calls were not profitable and not logging any of the profitable Calls, am I reading that part incorrectly?

c. Are you also logging the max profit reached for each Call you buy before you exit and by chance what moving avg the stock is nearest to at that point in time?

A. I only log stocks I have played already. Although when I have a new play, I start this new play many times when it's previous signal was a loser.

B. You are very astute, that is a decent way to get started. I only log stocks I have played already, and any new plays I look for a loser last time around.

I have not logged max profit, I usually exit my plays when my belly is full.

If you can help me, try to add more bells and whistles to this filter. It would be nice to know Max profit, and a statistic column showing (win, losers) last 3 trades. That would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance if you can accomplish this.

Good Luck

pa247
143 posts
msg #147744
Ignore pa247
modified
5/9/2019 9:52:42 AM

@bushynose .. nice job adding those stats!
Do you or anyone know how to make the labels on the plot show something besides “var1, var2, etc”

Is it possible to label as buy or sell,etc?

Thanks

Never mind.... I figured it out!

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #147746
Ignore graftonian
5/9/2019 11:00:06 AM

Fetcher[
/*kosvet filter*/
Show stocks where high reached a new 1 year high within the last 2 weeks
set{dayssincehigh, days(high reached a new 1 year high, 10)}
add column dayssincehigh
sort on column 5 ascending

set{cmahi, count(cma(high,6) < cma(high,6) 1 day ago, 2)}
draw cmahi

set{cmalo, count(cma(low, 2) < cma(low, 2) 1 day ago, 1)}
draw cmalo

set{clsabvma50, count(close > ma(50), 10)}
draw clsabvma50

and draw ma(10)
and draw ma(20)
and draw ma(50)

and stock is optionable
]

kossvet
147 posts
msg #147750
Ignore kossvet
5/9/2019 1:40:21 PM

Graftonian
Thanks for helping out. As I have said before I'm not gifted in writing these filters. When I saw your added column, it got me to thinking. Is there any way I could rewrite this filter, and incorporate how many days since it most recent high as the trigger. EX: Keeping all the parameters the same, when a stock is 6 days from a new high that would be the trigger. I'm just throwing this out there. I have noticed many of my plays, the stock has been below the high for a certain number of days. I'm just thinking out loud, might have absolutely no effect. This is why I originally posted this filter, in hopes OTHERS of like mind can dissect and improve it.
I have been trading this filter exclusively for over 3 years, so maybe she needs new tires now>
Thank you for your effort
Robert

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 1 month low filter<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.