StockFetcher Forums ·  · Shills Corner<< 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 101 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #148584
Ignore shillllihs
7/19/2019 1:56:39 AM

Ok just noticed you were the author of Weinstein thread. I now understand your sensitivity. My point is everything goes up in a bull market but the trick is finding great filters that can identify a bear or when a pullback is about to happen.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #148585
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
7/19/2019 3:21:36 AM

Its been so long since we had a bear market.

Chart of every recession since 1980 which usually ends up in a bear market.

$$UNEMPRATE - Unemployment Rate

StockCharts.com's Web-based Financial Charting Tool

Bond funds , inverse ETF's . I came across that with people's 401-K's or what ever they have that they will sit and hold bullish holdings all the while in the bear market. The will say that it will come back but the question is how long.

Take a bond fund like PTTRX and run a backtest from say 6/2007 to 6 / 2010 https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com
While all your hear about is how far everyone investments are in the dumps because they never got out of Bullish what ever's . One could not be worrying about investments in a recession / bear market.

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #148612
Ignore shillllihs
7/21/2019 1:24:46 AM

Congratulations to the amazing Manny Pacquiao.
My wife's relative and just a wonderful human being.
We didn't get to see him tonight because of my kids baseball tournament in which he had 8 rbis.
Just love that guy.

TheBoltenBaron
10 posts
msg #148620
Ignore TheBoltenBaron
7/21/2019 6:43:56 PM

I never post, mainly because posting doesn't offer any value to me, but as someone who routinely views things posted on SF, I think it's necessary for me to pitch in an observation I made.

Regarding your claim of popularity, I did some investigating. First, I want to establish it's very natural for people including myself to view any posts that are published on SF regardless of who the author is. On that premise, it's contrary for you to assume that anyone who clicks a link of someones is automatically categorized as a fan of their work/reputation. The reason people clicked on it was that you made a direct incentive to watch that video by stating it had such an incredible accuracy of winning. Anyone who would read such an extraordinary claim would be enticed to verify it's legitimacy. I and anyone else who clicked it would have done so coming from any poster that claims such a high accuracy trading strategy. Its the same logic as verifying a youtube video link on "how to grow a money tree".

So anyways, I believe it would be statistically inaccurate to attribute that view count to popularity only because you see 80ish people watched the video. Take into account that the uploader of that video does have an audience/re-watching subscribers. I checked his stats on the website socialblade and according to the uploader's statistics, he averages a prospective 143 views per video, which evidently indicates his fanbase occupies a good majority of that video's total views and the video will keep gaining according to the data.
To be pragmatic and even lenient on that premise, you can attribute 30 of the currently '82' views from here, if not less. But let's pretend the uploader's entire audience didn't exist and only people from SF watched it. That would still leave 2 factors of why the video had views from here;
-People being enticed to watch it because of the extraordinary claim.
-People refreshing the page in confusion to why its an animal rather than a trading strategy as people were expecting

To be realistic, let's say only 1/3 of the viewers from here refreshed the page.
Deduct 1/3 of 30 and that's 20.
You mentioned you refreshed it 4 times. I did as well twice.
20-6 gives us 14. Now factor in the enticement aspect.
That would most likely eliminate 2/3
Rounded, that 14 is now at 5.

Not to disparage your self-worth or lower your self-esteem but the number does indeed make sense. There was only 1 person who replied wondering why it was an animal rather than a trading strategy, indicating if more had watched because of something you directly claimed, other's would question it as well.
Take into account this scenario;
If Warren Buffet was an SF user and posted a video claiming it taught the holy trinity of investing which turned out to be a video of a caterpillar, 85% or more of every viewer would be posting on his thread wanting to know why they were baited. After you posted the video only 1 person asked why, rather than the other 4 individuals that may have genially watched it.

So statistically, you can consider 1 fan.- assume he deems himself one.

Please don't take this as an insult as I am only pointing out an observation based upon empirical evidence and inductive reasoning. Not doing this to hurt your self-esteem or be rude.
According to your posts, you seem like someone who would love blogging as you like to talk about your life. Instagram is a really good place to do that, perhaps if you want people to follow you may I suggest Twitter, which is also a great way to gain a strong following or perhaps if that's not your prerogative then maybe interact with the community a little more. I don't think everyone has you on ignore as KSK8 claimed on a different thread considering he doesn't have data to back it, I think its just people here are more interested in trading strategies, not really someone's off-topic views.

You're experiment kind of proved that.

No hard feelings Shillhs as I don't want you to perceive me as someone trying to hurt your feelings, I just thought it would be productive to post this so you can understand the logistics behind your claim.

Best,

Barron

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #148629
Ignore shillllihs
7/22/2019 12:55:49 AM

Hi, I read like 12 words since it was so long but thanks for the letter. I will re-read when I can.

TheBoltenBaron
10 posts
msg #148630
Ignore TheBoltenBaron
7/22/2019 2:15:47 AM

Once again, I'm not trying to intend disrespect, I just feel people aren't really interested in what you post so I tried explaining it using empirical evidence, maybe you will understand the perspective.

Best,

Barron

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #148631
Ignore shillllihs
7/22/2019 7:27:44 AM

Hey, thanx for your interest.
I get what you say and I will have to disagree as this experiment was conducted before with this video,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2galSxXgKPQ
Which had 62 views before posting since 2015, now it has well over 400.
The poster should be thanking me for getting him all those views based on my popularity.
It's ok to be wrong.

TheBoltenBaron
10 posts
msg #148634
Ignore TheBoltenBaron
7/22/2019 8:26:16 AM

Recent results are more applicable and relevant.

It's accurate to assess that your recent video garnered 1-5 'genuine' people according to the bias of the data with all the factors included in the analysis. My Warren Buffet example validates that premise. I don't think it indicates you are unpopular, I just think people on this website are more interested in trading instead of blogs. I do encourage you to interact with the community a little more as you seem like someone who has a lot in common with the people on here.

Best,

Barron

klynn55
747 posts
msg #148644
Ignore klynn55
7/22/2019 2:20:31 PM

yeah he's broke as as on old china cup !

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #148645
Ignore shillllihs
7/22/2019 2:45:41 PM

Klynn was 1 of my viewers.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · Shills Corner<< 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 101 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.