StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · ADRO Aduro Biotech<< >>Post Follow-up
JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #150823
Ignore JoeyVinyl
2/19/2020 9:55:23 AM

I'm just curious what anyone here thinks about this stock. I just bought in at $3.72 because it's on my 10% Weekly Crock Pot filter and I like what I'm seeing on the chart, along with the PVT and the ADX. Zack's has it as a Strong Buy with an earnings ESP of 23.08%.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #150824
Ignore nibor100
2/19/2020 11:25:40 AM

I've been looking over your recent "New Highs" filter and the purchases you posted and noted that ADRO was one of them. It appears you chose it on 2/13 when it was a 7 hitter 3/4, and exited the next day(though I'm uncertain as to what the exit criteria are?)

Today ADRO is also a 7 hitter on your "New Highs" filter and a better 4/3 spread for the recent 5 day, new 10 day highs.

So perhaps that is more ammunition in favor of going long on ADRO, I haven't looked at the guppies yet.

Ed S.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #150826
Ignore Cheese
2/19/2020 1:06:59 PM

@JoeyVinyl

It all depends on your time frame and position size.
From a trend following consideration, your trade decision seems to be justified.
But there is also the overbought oversold consideration, e.g. rsi(2) > 98 , rsi(14) > 70

TRO's stuff has inherent risks. TRO, RIGGS and Mike Parker have provided their readers
with WARM POP market lens as decision support, which TRO has nicely put together here:

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/MPs-RSIWRL-DISPLAY/37046/50

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/THERES-ONLY-ONE-WAY-TO-USE-WARM-POP-80/43694/-1/43968

For short-term trading, TRo had this simple rule of thumb: Bail if prices drop below yesterday
middle line (pivot)

For your convenience, I've put a few key points in the filter below.
No matter what, drawdown sucks.
Good luck with your trade.

Fetcher[

SYMLIST(ADRO)

CHART-TIME 4 MONTHS

DRAW EMA(3) /* Guppy boundaries */
DRAW EMA(15) /* Guppy boundaries */
DRAW EMA(30) /* Guppy boundaries */
DRAW EMA(60) /* Guppy boundaries */

DRAW FAST STOCHASTIC %K(10) /* Muddy Wallman */

DRAW RSI(2) /* M4M TRO */

DRAW PVT /* JoeyVinyl */

/* https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/MPs-RSIWRL-DISPLAY/37046/50 */
/* MPs RSIWRL DISPLAY */

/* MP RSIWLR ANALYZER DISPLAY */
/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100}
/* NORMALIZE rsi(2) */

set{rsval, RSI(2) }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) * 100 }

/* DISPLAY THE COLUMNS */

add column wrval
add column adval
add column rsval
add column moval

/* DRAW THE MP RSIWLR CHART */

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw moval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval

/* END MPs RSIWRL DISPLAY CODE */
]

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #150829
Ignore JoeyVinyl
2/19/2020 6:21:36 PM

It's funny because of course it dropped after I bought in and posted about it this morning. I'm down a little over 3% on it now, but I'm going to hang on to this one for a few days. I find it interesting that the last three down days, including this one, were all basically hammer candlesticks, and that it rallied somewhat the next day. We all know there's no guarantees but I want to see what it does tomorrow.

Okay, there is one guarantee when trading stocks. Prices will either go up, down, sideways, or not change at all. It's just not a helpful guarantee.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · ADRO Aduro Biotech<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.