StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watch List<< >>Post Follow-up
Nesato
2 posts
msg #27589
Ignore Nesato
7/28/2003 10:41:59 AM

I am wondering if there is a way to export my Watch List with the values of my screens. For example, if I screen for an RSI that crossed below 30 and I get some number of stocks returned I might want to place some of those on my watch list. Now, if I want to compare changes in the stocks on the list from one day to the next, I would export the list to a spreadsheet program and do the comparison. The problem is, when you export the watch list you get no data, only the symbols. After you run the screens each day, you can export the data and that is great ,but I can't see away to export the data ever again. Am I missing something?

Thank you in adavance for your help!

zfetch
16 posts
msg #27590
Ignore zfetch
7/28/2003 11:55:22 AM

You can apply a specific filter to a watchlist, and the data columns for that filter will be in the results.

1. Use a filter that adds a column for each column of target output data (RSI and other data). Example phrase: "and add column rsi(15)"
2. Include the phrase "and apply to watchlist" in the filter text.
3. Run the filter and use the "download symbols" link. The download list should include the watchlist symbols and the added data columns.

-zfetch

Nesato
2 posts
msg #27592
Ignore Nesato
7/28/2003 1:18:44 PM

I must be brain dead here so I apologise in advance. This is one of the filters I run at the end of day:

Show stocks where the Average Volume(90) is above 1000000 and the RSI has crossed above 30 and the CCI is between 0 and -500 and the price is between 0 and 15.

Normally it will return from 3-5 stocks and I download that list to Excel. Of course the download will include all the data returned from the filter (Last,Change,Volume, CCI and RSI). From there I will select maybe 1 stock to go on my watch list. It is at this point where I have my problem. I would like to download the watch list to Excel so as to compare the movement in the RSI and CCI from 1 day to the next, but the downloaded watch list will only contain the symbols and no data.

I then tried what you suggested as I understood your explanation and added the following to my filter:

Show stocks where the Average Volume(90) is above 1000000 and the RSI has crossed above 30 and the CCI is between 0 and -500 and the price is between 0 and 15 and apply to watch list.

Unfortunately, only the symbols were downloaded.

Any help or suggestions you may have at this point would be greatly appreciated.

zfetch
16 posts
msg #27595
Ignore zfetch
7/28/2003 5:04:58 PM

The problem may be that you're using the watchlist link.
I changed the steps and added a note:
A watchlist file does not include data columns. The added columns in a filter do not affect the file downloaded using the "Download List" link on the watchlist page.

----
You can apply a specific filter to a watchlist, and the data columns for that filter will be in the downloaded symbols file.

1. Use a filter that adds a column for each of the target outputs (RSI and other data). Example phrase: "and add column rsi(15)"
2. Include the phrase "and apply to watchlist" in the filter text.
3. Run the filter and use the "download symbols" link on the results page. The downloaded list should include the watchlist symbols and the added data columns.

Note: A watchlist file does not include data columns. The added columns in a filter do not affect the file downloaded using the "Download List" link on the watchlist page.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watch List<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.