StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stratasearch Resurrection<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
crazyoldguy
2 posts
msg #143463
Ignore crazyoldguy
5/6/2018 11:11:12 AM

davesaint86
427 posts
msg #143305
- Ignore davesaint86
modified

Thank you.

stephenmcmahon83
15 posts
msg #143472
Ignore stephenmcmahon83
modified
5/7/2018 10:31:29 AM

I downloaded the latest free version of StrataSearch per davesaint86's post and even with the box checked, to first go to the missing Stratasearch.com website, the program continues to run without shutting down, so apparently some kind of fix was made.

I decided to try the Yahoo import of prices, but after running for about an hour it shut off with only a few hundred symbols loaded.

Do you have any tips on how to get the Yahoo import of prices in StrataSearch to execute the entire task?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nibor,

Yes, I ran into a similar problem importing prices via Yahoo Finance. I remember reading on Stratasearch somewhere that Yahoo will "time-out" on users who are pulling a ton of data from their API, so I'm not sure if that is the cause.

My problem was slightly different that yours, because I was able to successfully pull data for about 3,000 tickers before getting error messages, unlike your problem where you were only able to download data for 300 tickers. Here is what I did.

After clicking the 'import price data' tab, you'll notice a box pops up. At the bottom of the box there is 'symbols.csv' file selected as the location where stratasearch looks for a symbol list. If you click the 'edit' box next to that list, it will open the ~7,000 stock symbol list in notepad.

I edited that list down to around 2,700 names (large caps, popular etfs) and now I no longer get the 'time-out' error message. The 'symbols.csv' list is housed in the following folder (on my desktop):

C:-StrataSearch-Data-Common-BaseData-Symbols-United States-Stock

To save you some time editing the 7,000 symbol list, below is a dropbox link to my 2,700 symbol list that I am currently using in stratasearch without issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irbo5zk4uj4ybmr/Symbols.csv?dl=0

Perhaps you want to download this file and replace the 7,000 stock list in stratasearch with it.

If this doesn't work for you, I'd recommend you creating a symbols list with your favorite 290 tickers, and just using that for your import list (which should keep you under the time out that you are currently experiencing).

Also, I was able access the Stratasearch user forums (that disappeared) by using a web archive tool. You may find that helpful.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170815161425/http://www.stratasearch.com:80/forum/index.php

Best of luck to you.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stratasearch Resurrection<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.