StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stockfetcher - Glad to subscribe.<< >>Post Follow-up
sj2k
1 posts
msg #147993
Ignore sj2k
5/31/2019 6:20:29 PM

Hi ,
I am new to the forum and have a few basic questions.

1. Can I use the stockfetcher for intraday trading alerts ?
2. Can I use it for backtesting my strategy ?
3.Lastly can you please point me to the guide for writing filters.

Thanks
SJ

four
5,087 posts
msg #147995
Ignore four
modified
5/31/2019 8:14:29 PM

welcome

1. Can I use the stockfetcher for intraday trading alerts ?
Not real-time. Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex.
2. Can I use it for backtesting my strategy ?
Manual effort combined with your filter
3.Lastly can you please point me to the guide for writing filters.
1. https://www3.stockfetcher.com/download/sfuserguide2_0.pdf
2. View any of the posted filters and work through the logic and commands

drand11
20 posts
msg #147998
Ignore drand11
6/1/2019 2:48:59 AM

Stockfetcher only address the 1D chart, not smaller 5M, 15M, 1H charts. So it certainly can show you the overall direction of a stock very well, but only at the 1D level. I use Stockfetcher to fist fine stocks moving in a given direction, and then to may go trade that stock ONLY int he direction of the 1 Day chart. It allows me to take a larger Stop loss and play out the trade to profit. Gives me more confidence that long term, My present losing trade will make me $$$ . Works well.

drand11
20 posts
msg #147999
Ignore drand11
6/1/2019 2:51:23 AM

You can get a relatively cheap membership at Trading View, and use their backtester for testing strategies.
You can go onto Upwork.com; pay a guy just $20-$40 to build you a custom strategy, and then backtest it on the stocks you find on Stockfetcher. It works quite well for me.

then the same programmer can convert the strategy into an EA if you find that it works well for you.
We are all in search of the same thing, that "Perfect Strategy". The perfect Strategy requires a good filter to find the correct stocks to trade with that given strategy.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stockfetcher - Glad to subscribe.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.