StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Some heads are gonna roll!<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #40777
Ignore alf44
1/29/2006 10:05:03 PM

"...GOOG is a dynamite trading stock (Thanks TRO for the heads up)..."

------------------

If you needed "TRO" to tell you that...you must've been living in a cave for the last 18 Months !

Jeeez !!!

Regards,

alf44

yepher
359 posts
msg #40800
Ignore yepher
1/30/2006 10:53:32 PM

I usually refrain from giving opinions about stocks but Google is an interesting one for me.

Without applying any technical analysis, I believe Google is a *WAY* over priced company. There is no way they should have a higher market cap than a Yahoo. The Google breath of product is no where near what Yahoo has.

Google is a really good search engine and Ad delivery platform. Their AdSense is also really good. They also have done a good job with Ajax. I am on the fence with GMail.

Google IM is really bad (GTalk). The mobile mapping client is also lame. Their finance product is lame as well. I am not so impressed with Google Maps or Google local. Also, Why would Google launch a voice product and not use SIP? I believe they will have a hard time beating Yahoo in the Voice recognition department especially since Yahoo got so many good people from Nuance.

My $.02 (again I hope Google surprises me and proves they are worth their price)
-- Yepher

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #40811
Ignore alf44
modified
1/31/2006 12:17:43 PM

yepher,

Not that it means anything (it certainly doesn't to me)...but...are you aware that there are some analysts who are predicting GOOG at $2000/sh !

http://www.thestreet.com/_googlen/tech/internet/10260522.html?cm_ven=GOOGLE

----------------------

As the famous economist John Maynard Keynes said:

"The Market can remain irrational...longer than you can remain solvent !"

So...the caveat with respect to Google is...it's not for YOU...ME...or ANYONE to determine what Google (or any other stock for that matter) is ultimately worth ! The Market will have the last word on that ! Let the so-called "analysts" try to play their guessing games...cause that's what they get paid to do.

As technical traders none of that matters !

Time will tell !

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40814
Ignore nikoschopen
1/31/2006 2:46:24 PM

It's no (dirty) secret that their actions spoke louder than their words in the heyday of "irrational exuberance". Who's Henry Blodget anyway?

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #40819
Ignore alf44
1/31/2006 5:01:01 PM

Cheeses K. Riest...GOOG is DOWN $66.00 in after hours trading !

Gulp !!!

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40823
Ignore nikoschopen
1/31/2006 6:28:19 PM

To those who steadfastly stuck by the advice of born-again Blodgett wannabes and all their ilk, I salute you!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40905
Ignore nikoschopen
2/2/2006 2:02:53 PM

My initial gut feeling is that oil stocks are due for a correction. Any evidence to the contrary to not bolster that claim?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40983
Ignore nikoschopen
2/4/2006 5:27:17 PM

AAPL has formed a head & shoulders pattern with the price resting right on the neck line. If what the techies say is true, this fat ipod is heading south by as much as $16. Hasta la vista, baby!

yepher
359 posts
msg #40984
Ignore yepher
2/4/2006 9:21:31 PM

nikoschopen,

I can think of a couple of oil stocks in Canada I would not bet against. Especially ones that are getting oil from sand ;)

-- Yepher

Way2Late
37 posts
msg #40993
Ignore Way2Late
2/5/2006 11:53:23 AM

nikoschopen said

"My initial gut feeling is that oil stocks are due for a correction. Any evidence to the contrary to not bolster that claim?"

Since DMA 28 can predict the future, why doesn't someone run a scan to see if any terrorists are going to bomb any pipelines or not?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Some heads are gonna roll!<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.