StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Some heads are gonna roll!<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40516
Ignore nikoschopen
1/20/2006 3:22:29 PM

As I write the Dow is down 184 points, not to mention that it's raining where I live. I hope ure either out of the market or have ure shorts on.

Ciao

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40519
Ignore nikoschopen
1/20/2006 4:05:05 PM

Didn't I tell ya to stay away from Google? It's down only $37 (pocket change by all stretch of imagination, lol).

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40555
Ignore nikoschopen
1/21/2006 2:43:16 PM

In retrospect, the previous comment seemed little callous on my part. But, even before the government intervention & the Yahoo! earnings surprise, Google's price was little too juicy to be digested in one sitting. So the question remains: will it come down to $300 or merry-go-round it will right back up to $500 as some analysts (again wrongly) predicted?

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #40674
Ignore markcrisp
1/25/2006 5:13:30 AM

Goog looks ok..what's wrong?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40684
Ignore nikoschopen
1/25/2006 2:06:28 PM

Was it a one day blip? Only time will tell. But the probability of this highflyer coming down from its current price level outweighs any chances of resuming its also-ran uptrend.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40736
Ignore nikoschopen
1/27/2006 3:01:44 PM

So wuz up with GOOG? All three of the major averages regained their footing after the turbulent roller-coaster ride, but here's Google in all its infinite constipation not knowing quite what to do. Go figure. Just my 2-cents worth.

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #40754
Ignore markcrisp
1/28/2006 5:20:47 AM

so much for the "Crytal ball gazers...." :-) Wrong again

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40763
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
1/28/2006 5:32:56 PM

mark not-so-crisp,

On 1/25/06 you posted "Goog looks ok..what's wrong?" What's wrong is that it went up as high as 454.23 only to give it all back and close below the previous session low. If ure a true techie, you would also know that such a pattern is an ominous sign (AKA "Bearish engulfing"). For the next two sessions, GOOG has been vacillating at or below the low of the 25th. And had you been actively following ure stochastics, you would know something looks very fishy. For example, compare the slow stochastics (7,3) with SS(39,1). The SS(39) is currently making a U-turn shy of 50. This is what I call a classic failure par excellence. Couple that with SS(7), which is also turning the corner, and you have a clear indication (what you call "crystal ball") that this behemoth is running out of steam. I wouldn't be surprised if GOOG retraces back down to $400.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #40765
Ignore EWZuber
1/28/2006 6:20:29 PM

GOOG is in a distribution phase on the Weekly Chart. If you look at a 2 year Weekly Chart you will see that GOOG has always consolidated sideways until the 25 WK.MA catches up to the PPS. It is then that the stock has technical moving average support from which it can use to launch higher again.The 25 WK.MA is all the way down at $369.
This weeks move higher only served to prevent technically motivated distribution on the Weekly Chart. All previous moves higher have been followed by consolidation, not distribution. Once pattern support is violated consolidation ends and distribution will ensue. Weekly Chart pattern support for this last move is at about $395. Note GOOG bounced up off what most probably could not identify as any kind of support but it is pattern support on the Weekly Chart.
With the Daily Chart moving into an accumulation phase this will help to stave off a break of pattern support on the Weekly Chart.
Immediate support on the Daily Chart is the 50 DMA while immediate resistance is the 25 DMA.

Way2Late
37 posts
msg #40776
Ignore Way2Late
1/29/2006 2:18:10 PM

And all (or at least most) of the technical and fundamental analysis will be usless come Tuesday at 4:05 when GOOG reports earnings. With no guidance, the estimates are all over the board. GOOG could easily miss on either side by a BUNCH and go up or down in a big way. The least likely scenerio is for it to beat by just enough to satisfy everyone and NOT make a violent move one way or the other.

GOOG is a dynamite trading stock (Thanks TRO for the heads up) it moves up and down 10-30 dollars a day giving daytraders plenty of opportunity to make money in both directions.

My feeling is that after Yahoo's less than stellar earnings and the fight with the government about turning over the search data some people didn't want to be holding a postion after 3:55 Tuesday afternoon, that's why it never popped all the way back up after the strumming it took.

Just hop on the freight train Wed morning, (or Tuesday afternoon if you can trade post market) no matter which direction it takes and ride it for a few dollars. There will be a lot of money wanting in or out depending on which way it goes.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Some heads are gonna roll!<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.