StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Set Statement Issue<< >>Post Follow-up
Zeos
3 posts
msg #157154
Ignore Zeos
7/5/2021 6:17:13 PM

Hello,
I am new to this site. I have been putting together a filter and one of my set statements fails:

set{t, Count(aa9 equals 10, 1)}

There is no apparent error in any of the logic yet the statement fails in the debugger. If I remove this statement, the debugger returns no errors. Can anyone suggest what might be happening here? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

push5280
197 posts
msg #157155
Ignore push5280
modified
7/5/2021 7:24:44 PM

it looks like your set statement is working. Post the whole code and we can help figure out where your coding error is

Fetcher[
set{aa9, close}
set{t, count(aa9 equals 10, 1)}
draw t
add column t
sort column 5 descending
]

push5280
197 posts
msg #157156
Ignore push5280
modified
7/5/2021 7:25:38 PM

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #157158
Ignore nibor100
7/5/2021 11:38:07 PM

@zeos,

Without at least some of your code its impossible to really help you; but if I were to guess I'd say you have too many nested variables for your subscription level, as I'm assuming there are aa1, aa2, thru aa8 building upon each other....

Ed S.

Zeos
3 posts
msg #157163
Ignore Zeos
7/6/2021 2:26:51 PM

Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate the help. nibor100, yes you are correct. There are a number of nested variables, as you stated, but I have the advanced subscription level so that should not be an issue - unless there are limitations I am not aware of. Also, I am using weekly charts.

As an aside, sometimes the debugger works and sometimes it doesn't. I have contacted support but I did not get any response. Are there any limitations on filters I need to be aware of? Thank you.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #157183
Ignore nibor100
7/7/2021 3:57:02 AM

@zeos,
Yes the advanced subscription level has complexity limits set by SF, generally at around 10 nested set statements but sometimes there are ways to change your filter code to cut down nesting levels and still get the end result your after but not always.

Even referring to a multi level nested variable in an add column statement can be the complexity shut off point

SF also has cautioned us that mixing weekly and daily commands in filters will sometimes hav unexpected results...

Ed S

Zeos
3 posts
msg #157195
Ignore Zeos
7/8/2021 3:07:27 PM

Thank you very much nibor100. I appreciate your clarification. I wish they would let us understand how the complexity limit works so we are able to better write filters. I guess this also explains why the debugger sometimes works and sometimes does not. Thank you for your help.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Set Statement Issue<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.