StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Reverse rsi(2) works?<< >>Post Follow-up
jthehut
124 posts
msg #28405
Ignore jthehut
9/8/2003 2:31:30 PM

RumpledOne (or anyone else in the know):

In your experience (REAL trading) does rsi(2) reversed work (ie rsi near 100, close near top of linear regression, etc.) when the market is going down? Do you do this at all...or do you stick with rising stocks?

Wanted to do back-test, but I know that it may not show so well just on the charts...

M aka jabba

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #28415
Ignore EWZuber
9/8/2003 10:52:54 PM

jthehut
Just for reference, several of my bearish short position filters are returning rising stocks right now.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28421
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/9/2003 3:06:53 AM

If you want to short... RSI(2) > 99% works pretty well especially when combined with a stock hitting the Upper Linear Regression Line.

However, be careful...new highs, make new highs....

If you like to short the QQQ's or buy the QQQ puts, this is killer!

rrochon
117 posts
msg #28565
Ignore rrochon
9/13/2003 6:17:56 PM

Try this short filter:
Fetcher[RSI(2)above 99% and volume above Average Volume(90) and Average volume(90) above 100000 and closing price touched upper Linear Regression Line(60) and price is above 2 and close is 10% below high]

I couldn't back test it, because it does not find enough stocks on previous days to test.

The filter can be adjusted to find more, but you will need to eliminate some of the parameters. I like the long tail, and wanted good volume, and trending up, and well over bought, so I don't know what you would change to get more stocks.

I'm sure it would do better in a down trending market.

Dick

rrochon
117 posts
msg #28574
Ignore rrochon
9/14/2003 1:06:17 PM

Try this short filter:
Fetcher[RSI(2)above 99% and volume above Average Volume(90) and Average volume(90) above 100000 and closing price touched upper Linear Regression Line(60) and price is above 2 and close is 10% below high]

I couldn't back test it, because it does not find enough stocks on previous days to test.

The filter can be adjusted to find more, but you will need to eliminate some of the parameters. I like the long tail, and wanted good volume, and trending up, and well over bought, so I don't know what you would change to get more stocks.

I'm sure it would do better in a down trending market.

Dick

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Reverse rsi(2) works?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.