StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Request for feedback on charts<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
AntNet
36 posts
msg #26234
Ignore AntNet
4/15/2003 12:12:14 AM

Allow more color selection for indicators on a chart. I use several of the same indicators with different parameters in a scan. It would be extremely helpful if each "PRICE" Chart indicator could be a different color either user defined or in some predefined order so we could then add indicators knowing in advance what color they will show up on the chart.

For example: Color sequence = black, red, green, blue, yellow, purple, orange, gray, brown, cyan, lime green and etc.

The same color sequence could also be applied to the Indicator studies below the Price Chart, Like RSI would be Black, Money Flow = Red, CCI = Green and etc.

tomb
267 posts
msg #26239
Ignore tomb
4/15/2003 3:37:58 PM

Hi,

This is a follow-up to a previous message concerning the ability to draw a line, at a given value, on a plot. We have now added this feature. The syntax for the new line drawing is:

draw [MEASURE] line at [VALUE]

Below are a couple examples:

Fetcher[show stocks where the close is between 50 and 75
and draw price line at 55
and draw price line at 70
]

Fetcher[show stocks where the RSI(15) is below 30
and draw RSI(15) line at 30
and draw RSI(15) line at 70
]

Hopefully the above helps. If you have any questions about this feature, please let us know.

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

defghca
150 posts
msg #26241
Ignore defghca
4/15/2003 7:19:02 PM

Tomb and stockfetcher team, you are the best!!!

AntNet
36 posts
msg #26242
Ignore AntNet
4/15/2003 8:03:28 PM

Shouldn't these work?

Fetcher[show stocks where the close is between 50 and 75
and draw price line at Low minus 2%
and draw price line at High plus 2%
]

or

Fetcher[show stocks where EMA(50) crossed above WMA(100)
and draw price line at Lowest Low within 30 days
and draw price line at Highest High within 45 days
]

Thanks,
Bert

AntNet
36 posts
msg #26243
Ignore AntNet
4/15/2003 8:35:00 PM

Hi StockFetcher staff,

Can another Indicator, Function or Statement be imbedded "Within" an Indicator?

Something like this:

Fetcher[show stocks where EMA(30) crossed above WMA(High,90)]

In this example I'm trying to use the Weighted Moving Average of the "HIGHS" over the last 90 days, and "high" represents any possible Fetcher recognized Indicator, Function or Statement.

I guess you could call it a "Compound Indicator" ???

I could see a lot of benefit to allowing Compound Indicators!

Thanks,
Bert.

spindoc
3 posts
msg #26246
Ignore spindoc
4/16/2003 7:06:33 AM

I only glance at the price window of your charts since I'm mainly interested in the indicator stack. Fine charting software data is available for pocket change these days and EOD data is free. Don't worry about the charts, just keep the screener going.

tomb
267 posts
msg #26248
Ignore tomb
4/16/2003 9:06:35 AM

Hi,

A quick follow-up to the previous message concerning the phrase:

and draw price line at low minus 2%

This is currently not available as far as the line drawing feature goes. The new line drawing is geared to provide the basic ability of drawing a line at a constant value on a plot. You bring up a very good idea of how this could be extended and we will definitely look into this!

Thank you again,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

gruender
101 posts
msg #26249
Ignore gruender
4/16/2003 11:48:01 AM

Good Morning SF Tom,

When I look in SF Forums, General Discussion, Subject: Request for feedback on charts, your matrix states that there are 36 replies, the most recent of which is today, 16 Apr 2003. When I click to review the replies, I only have access to the first 10 replies. How do I get access to the remaining 26 replies since I would like to read all replies on this subject?

Thanks, Joe

gruender
101 posts
msg #26250
Ignore gruender
4/16/2003 11:52:37 AM

SF Tom,

Please disregard my previous question because I found the secret!

I now have access to all of the replies.

Thanks, Joe

got2bfree
6 posts
msg #26287
Ignore got2bfree
4/21/2003 11:18:14 AM

A model similar to big charts would be wonderful. Basically offer different

-- time views (1,3,6,12 month, 1-10 year and lifetime)
-- moving averages 10, 20, 50 and 200 (all together or individually)
-- OBV, MACD (12,26) and MACD (9), and Williams %R, money flow, momentum, etc.

If all of these could be toggled (i.e. turned on/off) and able to store the settings as default charts that would be perfect.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Request for feedback on charts<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.