StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Noob to SF and 1st time poster looking for an "analyst scraper"<< >>Post Follow-up
legaltendies
3 posts
msg #156587
Ignore legaltendies
4/13/2021 8:07:24 PM

Hey all! Psyched to be on SF and following in the footsteps of many serial poster's that I admire like TRO, miketranz, snappyfrog, etc.

I was just reading a media report on SBSW having crossed above the average analyst 12-month target price. Do an interlink search on "SBSW Crosses Above Average Analyst Target". Although no holy grail, the article brought up a good point and my idea for a filter...

If it hasn't already been done here at SF would it be possible to design a filter that looks for tickers that have multiple analysts (hopefully a variable that can be changed) with their respective target prices for the ticker. It would create a list of ticker's where a ticker's current price is above the top line average of all price targets.

Marketbeat has part of this equation which can be seen when you click on the "Analyst's Opinion's" link under a ticker's research page... They must be getting their Consensus Rating, Price Target Upside/Downside, and Price Target Upside/Downside from somewhere, right?!?

My idea is to use the filter to see what ticker's may have crossed above top line price targets to see if they have legs that would warrant further research.

Thanks in advance for tolerating this verbose explanation. Think it's a silly idea? I always welcome new points of view.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #156589
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
4/13/2021 11:25:24 PM

SBSW is going sideways below resistance area $19.50 area if SBSW can break the $19.50 and confirm it in another up trend then its buy but she can also go down trend from here.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #156600
Ignore miketranz
4/14/2021 5:24:07 PM

Welcome to SF.Thank you for your kind words.What we need on here is "thinking outside the box" kinda stuff.I like your idea.All you have to do is see if it's a valid method that works.I'm sure someone on here can figure out a filter for you.Best,Miketranz...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Noob to SF and 1st time poster looking for an "analyst scraper"<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.