StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · No more MARY<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46572
Ignore nikoschopen
8/24/2006 4:48:21 PM

I, being the biggest adversary of TRO's indigestible truism (ie. "it ain't what you trade but how you trade"), can't seem to stomach the notion that those who fervently adhere to such a cliché are also the ones who chase blindly after gratuitous "reco"s that rise to occasion. Whoever said repetition is the mother of all invention is perhaps correct after all.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #46573
Ignore luc1grunt
8/24/2006 5:19:43 PM

?

Niko, where ya been?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #46574
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/24/2006 6:56:37 PM

Hey Niko, I just paraphase, "It ain't what you play, it's how you play it!".

You ever listen to live music?

Sometimes, you'll hear someone who plays incredibly but their equipment is old and beat up. Literal junk but they make music with it.

Sometimes, you'll see some upstart or egomanic with an instrument of the finest craftsmanship who can't carry a tune. All they make is noise.

When I go to jam sessions, I usually take one of my P.O.S. basses. Why? Because if it gets knocked over, spilled on or dinged, I don't care cause it's a P.O.S. But many times people will ask me what strings I use or what pickups I have. I just laugh and tell them it's a piece of ..... and the sound is coming from my fingers.

When I play a concert, that's when I break out my vintage 70's Fenders. And I always wonder why I ever bought another bass!

So perhaps now you'll understand where I am coming from when I say...

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46577
Ignore nikoschopen
8/24/2006 7:54:45 PM

TRO,

You have completely misunderstood what I was driving at. The point I was trying to make was that there's a token of disingenuous attitutde shown among traders that verges on sheer contradiction. On the one hand, they fervently subscribe to the belief that "IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT" but, at the same time, they cannot hide their joy of hearing some messianic recommendations from others.

As for ure now-famous "it ain't what...", I have no intention of issuing a blanket condemnation. But you must understand that most traders are quite aware of this truism and would only feel insulted by ure nonchanlant, if not condescending, hubris. Why recite what is so glaringly obvious?

up-n-up
10 posts
msg #46583
Ignore up-n-up
modified
8/24/2006 10:26:12 PM

Alf44,
The purpose of this thread was to start a dogpile on MARY in an effort to get him to stop posting. What else could NO MORE MARY possibly mean? I think you have accomplished that.

It is obvious that you are not interested in hearing opposing positions on this either. I was merely voting for the other side. Read my post again. Carefully. “more than in most other habitual posters” does not say that I do not want to see their posts. On the contrary, I do. But I choose who’s posts that I read; always, sometimes or never.

If their posts are not there, then I cannot make that choice.

I want to be able to make that choice NOT HAVE YOU MAKE THAT CHOICE FOR ME!!!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #46584
Ignore alf44
modified
8/24/2006 10:55:02 PM

GULP !!!

On second thought..."There's Something About Mary" !!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #46585
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/24/2006 11:26:47 PM

"As for ure now-famous "it ain't what...", I have no intention of issuing a blanket condemnation. But you must understand that most traders are quite aware of this truism and would only feel insulted by ure nonchanlant, if not condescending, hubris. Why recite what is so glaringly obvious?"

REPETITION IS THE MOTHER OF SKILL!

I disagree, I don't think most traders realize that. If they did then they wouldn't be chasing after latest stock tip and indicator of the day.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46588
Ignore nikoschopen
8/25/2006 12:16:37 AM

Indeed. And that was the very purpose of my post, which you misinterpreted.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #46590
Ignore luc1grunt
8/25/2006 6:53:23 AM

My intent of this thread was out of the frustration in seeing posters asking Mary to explain.......and then silence. I don't trade options (and don't intend to)....but was as curious as many as to the "analysis" behind the predictions. Many smart folks on this forum and the learning never ends. No harm intended in "No More Mary", but it got a responses from everyone BUT Mary!!!! Happy Trading.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #46597
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/25/2006 5:56:32 PM

You have to understand "StockHolyGrail" aka "Mary4Money" is in his OWN WORLD!!

If you think reading his stuff is hard, you should try listening to him on the phone. Nothing but phrases and incomplete thoughts... but I just keep telling him to slow down, finish a thought, etc.. it's tough but the knowledge is there.

You ever see "THE RAINMAN"?

HolyGrail is much worse!!

LOL!!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · No more MARY<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.