StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New 20 day high(low)<< >>Post Follow-up
idbeentaken
4 posts
msg #149138
Ignore idbeentaken
9/16/2019 7:52:13 AM

Hi,
and thanks in advance for your help. Could you please help me code the following variable ?

"Today must make a new 20-day low"

xarlor
561 posts
msg #149140
Ignore xarlor
9/16/2019 11:12:24 AM

Fetcher[
low 20-day low < low 20-day low 1 day ago
]

idbeentaken
4 posts
msg #149163
Ignore idbeentaken
9/17/2019 4:11:24 PM

Thank you!
now, if you want to add the following variable

"The previous 20-day low must have occurred at least four trading sessions earlier."

On a different topic - I have some basic knowledges of coding as I did take a computer science class. Basic, but it' s ok. Could you suggest me some good sources on where I can dig deeper into stockfetcher coding language?

Appreciate very much

xarlor
561 posts
msg #149164
Ignore xarlor
modified
9/17/2019 5:01:22 PM

At the top, click "Tools" and "Usage Guide". Read through the manual. From there, it's mostly reverse engineering other filters you see on the forums and incorporating them into your coding.

I am interpreting your statement "The previous 20-day low must have occurred at least four trading sessions earlier." as "There has not been a new 20-day low in the last 3 trading sessions (not counting today)." If I interpret that correctly:

Fetcher[
low 20-day low < low 20-day low 1 day ago
set{var1,count(low 20-day low 1 day ago < low 20-day low 2 days ago,4)}
var1 < 1
]

idbeentaken
4 posts
msg #149169
Ignore idbeentaken
9/18/2019 4:00:37 AM

That' s perfect, thank you mate.
I just began digging into the manual ... cheers, wish you the best.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New 20 day high(low)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.