StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help to construct a phrase.<< >>Post Follow-up
jatin9
10 posts
msg #214
Ignore jatin9
12/6/2002 11:59:22 AM

Hi all,
I am trying to construct a phrase for a filter and would like some help.

I am trying to find stocks that have an open greater than or equal to yesterday's close and that closed at least midway below yesterday's close.

Would appreciate your inputs.
Thanks,
Jatin

tomb
267 posts
msg #216
Ignore tomb
12/6/2002 2:28:53 PM

Hi Jatin,

Below is a sample filter, but I may not quite understand the "midway below yesterday's close" portion of your request. The example below will find stocks that close right around the middle of the bar for the previous day, after opening above the close.

Fetcher[
show stocks where open is above close 1 day ago
and close is below close 1 day ago
and close is above day position(0.40) 1 day ago
and close is below day position(0.60) 1 day ago
]

Kind of a tricky filter, but hopefully it makes some sense. Let me know if that isn't quite right!

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

jatin9
10 posts
msg #217
Ignore jatin9
12/6/2002 3:50:15 PM

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify what I mean when I say that the stock closed at least midway below yeterdays' close (which is above).
I am trying to find stocks that opened above yesterday's up move but closed at a price which is more than 50 percent below yesterday's close. So if a stock opened at 10 yesterday and closed at 15, I am looking to find the stock if it opened today at, say 16, and closed below 12.5
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks again,
Jatin

ddfridd
40 posts
msg #220
Ignore ddfridd
12/6/2002 7:37:21 PM

Daytrader screens/Filters..Hi..am new member. Is there any general filters that are geared specifically with the day-trader in mind?..For example, this is one stock I may jump on Monday morning..check it out with all your technical indicators and see if you don't agree there is good ODDS of more upward movement for at least one more day. The stock is CVM...opinion? Thanks..David or you can e-mail me at davidfriddell2686@msn.com

tomb
267 posts
msg #234
Ignore tomb
12/9/2002 10:44:34 AM

Hi Jatin,

Below is another example that may be closer to your original request. The only part that differs from your request is the position of the close with respect to the close 1 day ago. The sample filter below actually compares the close with the entire range of the previous day. We currently do not have the syntax to do exactly what you are looking for.

Anyhow, feel free to give the below a shot. We will also continue to look into a solution that does exactly what you need.

Fetcher[
close 1 day ago is above open 1 day ago
and open is above close 1 day ago
and close is below day position(0.50) 1 day ago
and chart-length is 10 days
]

Thanks,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help to construct a phrase.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.