StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #67280
Ignore miketranz
9/14/2008 8:30:04 PM

Avery,pull up GM on a 1 min chart.Textbook reversal off open.Where would you enter long? Or would you be long on this trade? If so,what method are you using? Thanks,Mike.....

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67282
Ignore chetron
modified
9/14/2008 9:51:02 PM

chip
- Ignore chip 9/14/2008 2:41:50 PM

chetron, can you do that slower, in english? :)

sorry chip, lol, i do tend to ramble.

friday, aapl gapped down

aapl then went red, never breaking the +0.10 cent mark to go long for a fade the gap play.

you said that you shorted it, once it broke the -0.10 cent buyzone, which i understand as MTC play.

tro says milk the cow plays come after a fade the gap play, because, for 1, the equity has Volatility, if it does fade the gap. and this is good for the milk the cow play.

if the gap is not closed, the equity lacks the Volatility to continue on with milk the cow(buyzone) plays.

so the next play to go to is the TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE play for your short which works a slower swing type play. by running the travel pocket guide for aapl on thursday. you would have the entry and exit price for aapl ready for this type of slower day, and the more conservative average20 drop, bounce targets were right on for friday.

hope this helps. i will continue to better my communication skills in the future. : )

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67284
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/14/2008 11:19:53 PM

9/14/2008 11:19:19 PM

chetron

if i unerstand TRO, then the only play for AAPL, was to use the "RFR" play. shorting as you did chip, covering at the avgdrop20, 147.55, 3.36, and go long for the bounce at 147.55 and sell at the avgbounce20, 149.65, 2.10, and be done for the day.

=========================================================================

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAPL is a "COW".

AAPL is NOT an RFR stock!!

The "only" trade for AAPL is to go long in the long zone from OPEN + $.10 to OPEN + $.20 and to go short in the short zone from OPEN - $.10 to OPEN - $.20.

THERE IS NO OTHER "MILK THE COW" OR "BUY ZONE" trade. This is why MTC works. MTC is SIMPLE.

AAPL is NOT an RFR stock and should NOT be traded with that method.

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT".

Perhaps, now you'll understand why I say that.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67285
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/14/2008 11:21:41 PM

miketranz

Avery,pull up GM on a 1 min chart.Textbook reversal off open.Where would you enter long? Or would you be long on this trade? If so,what method are you using? Thanks,Mike.....

==============================================================================

I don't trade GM.

I only MTC with NASDAQ stocks.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67286
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/14/2008 11:24:36 PM

Yes, the RULE OF THUMB is to FADE THE GAP for the first trade. That is the safest way to trade.

HOWEVER, if there is a reason to believe the stock may continue in the direction of the gap, you can use the BUY ZONE for your entry. There are usually a lot of head fakes and you can get killed in a blink of an eye. As you trade ONE STOCK, you gain insight into its trading pattern.

Remember, PRICE MUST CROSS THROUGH ONE OF THE ZONES... there is no choice.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67290
Ignore chetron
modified
9/15/2008 6:44:30 AM

thanx tro for the clarify.

but the numbers still panned out on friday.

fyi: the fade the gap filter's MA(absgap,100) for aapl is 1.42 and the gap on friday was 1.74

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67291
Ignore chetron
modified
9/15/2008 8:08:37 AM

fyi: the TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE stats, ie: run,bounce,drop and pullback, have to be valid for aapl. it might be priced and percentaged out for peoples selection criteria, but the above stats have to be valid for all stocks.

sorry, i was refering to the run forest run thread and not the scan. i should have said "TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE" scan.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67293
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/15/2008 10:08:08 AM

chetron

fyi: the TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE stats, ie: run,bounce,drop and pullback, have to be valid for aapl. it might be priced and percentaged out for peoples selection criteria, but the above stats have to be valid for all stocks.

sorry, i was refering to the run forest run thread and not the scan. i should have said "TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE" scan.

=========================================================================

The "TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE" scan IS NOT for MTC stocks!!!

chip
67 posts
msg #67306
Ignore chip
9/15/2008 6:41:42 PM

Super textbook AAPL buyzone today.
Open at 142.03, immediately started filling the gap then went on to > 147.5.
My strategy today was to use the buy zone to trigger my entry into a couple of different AAPL option contracts. When AAPL hit 142.15 I bought 2 contracts then when AAPL had made $1 I was out.

TRO, later in the day, around 13:45, the short BZ was entered. Do you use the BZ then? Or just at open? One would have had to endure $2.50 in pain to get that last $1....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #67313
Ignore guru_trader
modified
9/15/2008 9:57:29 PM

Quote from TRO:
What about all those indicators, EAs, blackboxes, trading signals and systems for sale? If one of them worked wouldn't it go "viral", too?

Sure, it could go viral but wouldn't it then become less effective as more people use it?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.