StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · My Box Theory Site<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
trek
72 posts
msg #28117
Ignore trek
8/27/2003 10:29:01 PM

Dick,

Last message should Read "at LEAST double the 52 week high"

dmindy
42 posts
msg #28238
Ignore dmindy
9/2/2003 1:08:42 AM

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here but ...
How do u limit/rank the stocks you screen so that you know which "boxed" stocks to watch?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28245
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/2/2003 3:33:39 AM

======================================================================
from HOW I MADE $2,000,000 IN THE STOCK MARKET by Nicolas Darvas

page 34

1) I should not follow advisory services. They are not infallable either in Canada or on Wall Street.

2) I should be cautious with brokers' advice. They can be wrong.

3) I should ignore Wall Street sayings, no matter how ancient and revered.

4) I should not trade "over the counter" - only in listed stocks where there is always a buyer when I want to sell.

5) I should not listen to rumors, no matter how well-founded they may appear.

6) The fundamental approach worked better for me than gambling. I should study it.

7) I should rather hold on to one rising stock for a longer period than juggle with a dozen stocks for a short period of time.

page 55

"... I did not know what I learned later, that there is no such thing as CANNOT in the market. Any stock can do anything."

page 56

1. There is no sure thing in the market - I was bound to be wrong half the time.

2. I must accept this fact an readjust myself accordingly - my pride and ego would have to be subdued.

3. I must become an impartial diagnostician, who does not identify himself with any theory or stock.

4. I cannot merely take chances. First, I have to reduce my risks as far as humanly possible.

page 58

Objectives

1. Right stocks

2. Right timing

3. Small losses

4. Big gains

Weapons

1. Price and volume

2. Box Theory

3. Automatic buy-order

4. Stop-loss sell order.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · My Box Theory Site<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.