StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Market Manipulation...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #65181
Ignore TrendSurfer
7/18/2008 12:53:03 PM

In light of (OSTK) OverStock.com's plunge today... You may find this video interesting.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4490541725797746038

TS

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #65290
Ignore karennma
7/20/2008 10:04:15 PM

Good video.
Thanks.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #65382
Ignore Eman93
7/24/2008 1:12:19 AM

Yes they are manipulating the market. Look at any stock with a large day range. Why dose it swing like it dose? Drop 5 points then run up 4 to 8, almost everty day? Its like a $$$ churn, look at the volume spikes, the stock drops and then is bought right back up a little at a time. You can jump in and go for the ride, but 99% of the investors are getting ripped off, the more I learn and watch, the more stuned I am, the game is rigged, just ride the waves.

Millions of shares trade in one stock on one day, who is moving it, it's not us. Say i was a huge hedge fund with a few 100 million in cash. you have 40 traders working for you. They all trade TRO syle one stock. you pick a strong uptrending stock with lots of action, at 9:10 am you put out a sell order for 250k shares the stock drops 4 or 5 points, then you start to buy it back, the stock runs right back up, you might buy twice as much as you sold, and then you just sell it off slowly the rest of the day, you net around 2 or 3 bucks after the dust clears, not a bad day all in all, now times that by 40 traders all doing the same thing in diffrent stocks. Look at all the big agra. stocks, MOS, MON, IPI, POT, the one day charts are identical............. Ive only been looking at charts for 3 months and can see it clear as day. Just look at the 10 day 10 min they are the same. Naked shorting should be banned. You should have to borrow the shares, before you sell. With computers this would be easy, they wont do it because everyone is getting stinking rich off the deal.

its funny since all the talk about naked shorting, things have setteled down a bit in the stocks I watch.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #65407
Ignore miketranz
7/24/2008 12:30:28 PM

Eman,for someone who's only looked at charts for 3 months,you're starting to get the picture.The street is a dangerous place to play.My advice is to learn a set-up like rsi(2) so you'll be the one buying,when everyone else sells out.........

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #65410
Ignore johnpaulca
7/24/2008 12:57:19 PM

My goal is to beat them at their own game, I am the greasy pig tough to catch...LOL

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65411
Ignore chetron
7/24/2008 1:11:44 PM

RUN JP RUN...

LOL

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65413
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/24/2008 1:47:55 PM

My advice is to learn a set-up like rsi(2) so you'll be the one buying,when everyone else sells out.........

You better re-thing that to Williams %R(2). With Billy(2), you now don't have to wait for a stock to drop off to below "0" in order to get an absolute bottom. "Billy(2)" can give that to you at ANY level. Just look for RSI falling, and Billy increasing. Doesn't get any easier than that....

- RIGGS -

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #65415
Ignore TrendSurfer
7/24/2008 3:35:53 PM

The markets are rigged top to bottom. Once this reality is understood, profits can then be found.

The mainstream media news sends a message, but its not what most perceive it to be. Ignore the noise, read the charts, and always be ready to surf the next move.

TS

miketranz
956 posts
msg #65417
Ignore miketranz
7/24/2008 4:10:58 PM

Question for you guys buying off the bottom.Are you buying the next day when price rises above the previous days high? Or are you buying on the close of a "green day" up? Whats the right way to go w/this set up,risk wise & profit wise?? Mike....

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #65422
Ignore TrendSurfer
7/24/2008 6:48:12 PM

In it's simplest form, a price pivot low should have a minimum of 2 higher low bars adjacent to the pivot bar.

A prior bar's low would be the first reference point of support. This must be put in the context of the trend and prior support or resistance to be a meaningful event.

A prior bar's high should be overcome to enter longs. Your brokerage order entry/exit technique is KEY to keep your winning percentage high.

TS

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Market Manipulation...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.