StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Many stocks do not adjust to splits, which messes up my screens<< >>Post Follow-up
rafting101
4 posts
msg #159926
Ignore rafting101
12/27/2022 2:09:37 AM

I am a paid subscriber.
Many stocks do not adjust to splits, and it messes up my screens.

Here is a quick way to find many stocks with this issue:

Fetcher[
set{since_big_gap,days(open is more than 300% above close 1 day ago,200)}
since_big_gap between 1 and 200
add column since_big_gap
close above 1
sort by column 5
]

Is there a plan to fix it?
I think that it is easy to fix automatically, since splits are public data.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #159956
Ignore nibor100
1/4/2023 11:09:07 AM

@rafting101,

In view of your most recent post I'm going to reply to your other posts separately:

a. I ran your filter this morning and it returns many stocks that don't appear to have a split problem on SF such as AMTD.

I'm not sure many users want to (quick?) sort thru 93 stocks to find a few that have a split reporting problem....

b. However, in the past, when I've noticed such a data problem on SF I use the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the browser window to inform them of it and it usually gets fixed in a couple of days.

c. SF gets its stock data from a third party, like most stock sw sites, and all of them occasionally miss splits and changes to the SP500 make-up, etc.

d. I don't believe SF support will respond to any Forum posts if they even read them, so we have to contact them directly.

Hope this helps,
Ed S.

rafting101
4 posts
msg #159966
Ignore rafting101
1/6/2023 7:34:43 AM

I see a lot of errors in the data, regarding split. Using my filter above, I checked the first 10 results (just to try) and I can see that 8 out of them are not adjusted to the latest splits:

HALL
BIOR
RXMDD
IRON
COSM
PHCF
PSHG
MDGS

My filter is very good at catching these errors.
SF should fix this...

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #159979
Ignore nibor100
1/7/2023 2:43:25 AM

Your filter's error rate, based on your last post is 20%....

Stock data from SF's data provider for the 12,480 stocks with a close above 1, is less than 1% at .007...

How badly your personal scans are affected....unknown

Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Many stocks do not adjust to splits, which messes up my screens<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.