StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to read compare with results<< >>Post Follow-up
cneb96
6 posts
msg #156726
Ignore cneb96
5/3/2021 3:05:36 AM

Submit
Fetcher[
symlist(MSFT)
compare with ^SPY
]

What are the units on the right hand side?

Then the legend
Blue Line %S
Red Line vs A

What is "%S", and what is "vs A"?

Tradingview.com starts all items (any number) of items on a graph with a percentage scale starting at the same point (0 %) for a scale and they go up or down every period until you see where each lands at the end of the scale. Its very simple to read. I don't understand what stockfetcher is showing me.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #156728
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
5/3/2021 8:37:12 AM

1. SPY is an etf, so I'm not sure why you have a carat in front of it. I assume you're looking for indices or want to use SPY as the proxy for SP500. Here are some indexes; I have no idea if it's current or not:
https://www.stockfetcher.com/help/What-indices-are-available/100229

2. Have you read the help at all? Used search? This syntax is using "compare" and the plots are comparisons. Look up what "compare" is.

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Announcements/New-Feature-Comparison-Plots/26207/-1/26207

cneb96
6 posts
msg #156735
Ignore cneb96
5/4/2021 8:07:37 AM

>1. SPY is an etf, so I'm not sure why you have a carat in front of it. I assume you're looking for indices or want to use SPY as the proxy for SP500. Here are some indexes; I have no idea if it's current or not:

Very useful thank you.

>2. Have you read the help at all? Used search? This syntax is using "compare" and the plots are comparisons. Look up what "compare" is.

I have yes. But what are the formulas for the comparisons? I've also noticed if I click on the graph to make it a full page the values change - so the formula changes.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #156736
Ignore nibor100
5/4/2021 8:44:46 AM

@cneb96,

If you reread the Announcement for Comparison Plots you'll note the following:

"The new comparison plot will compare the change in price from the initial day of your chart."

which explains why it changes when your chart changes timeframes.

SF usually doesn't publlish formulas for their indicators but with the use of the add column feature on your scripts and some math you can probably deduce what SF is calculating.

Hope this helps,
Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to read compare with results<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.