StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to handle or Zero in on the list of stocks that are generated everyday?<< >>Post Follow-up
cjbhogal
6 posts
msg #159990
Ignore cjbhogal
1/12/2023 2:17:25 PM

Hi,
i would like input on how to handle the flow of symbols of data that comes in every business day or occasionally by running SF filters(s). Do you pick symbols from certain day of the week and watch them till they fall off the filter parameters OR you keep adding the additional symbols that show up subsequently...and trade only that has generated buy signal.

I have good filters and good system in place. I need some advice or guidance on how to handle that much data. I am a swing trader- trading only 5-7 symbols at a time.
Thank you for your help.
C J

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #159992
Ignore snappyfrog
1/13/2023 8:18:42 AM

I am a swing trader also. I have a "market" filter to gauge the overall markets. I then decide which scan(s)
to run - bullish or bearish.

You can then place those that you like in a "Watchlist" to keep your eye on or you can just hit the "back one
day" arrow to the left of the date to see what yesterday's picks look like today.

You can also simply reduce your hits by changing volume and price in your scan. As a swing trader,
I want only those with the greatest volume (liquidity) for tight bid / ask and ability to get the trade
open and closed quickly when needed.

cjbhogal
6 posts
msg #159998
Ignore cjbhogal
1/17/2023 2:11:11 PM

Thank you Snappy Frog

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to handle or Zero in on the list of stocks that are generated everyday?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.