StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter/Strategy Ideas<< >>Post Follow-up
novacane32000
331 posts
msg #156752
Ignore novacane32000
5/8/2021 7:57:22 AM

Has anyone checked out Quantpedia? Seems like a wealth of data to play around with. Tempted to get the premium package, any thoughts on this?

https://quantpedia.com/screener/page/2/?screener_tab=screener-classic&FilterPeriod=All&FilterMarkets=equities&FilterInstruments=All&FilterKeywords=All&FilterPerformance=All&FilterVolatility=All&FilterHedgeToEquitis=All&FilterTitle&FilterQuantConnect=All&FilterPeriodicUpdates=All&FilterConfidence=All&FilterDrawdown=All&FilterSharpe=All&FilterComplexity=All&FilterBacktest=All&FilterBacktestLength=All&FilterNbrInstruments=All&FilterPremium=All&FilterOtherPapers=All&FilterRegion=All&View&Column&Direction

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #156762
Ignore Cheese
5/8/2021 12:39:43 PM

Thank you, novacane32000.

I found this posting quite interesting:

Market Sentiment and an Overnight Anomaly
19.April 2021
https://quantpedia.com/market-sentiment-and-an-overnight-anomaly/

novacane32000
331 posts
msg #156765
Ignore novacane32000
5/9/2021 9:56:00 AM

I actually have an excel sheet where I track daily SPY moves and thru 4/27/21 YTD here are some stats minus the social sentiment factor

Holding SPY just overnight (Buy at close sell at Open)
Wins 43
Loss 36
Avr Win .44%
Avr Loss -.34%
Best win 1.38%
Worst Loss -.93%

Hold SPY during Trading hours( Buy 9:30 EST sell 16:00 EST)
Wins 48
Loss 31
Avr Win .52%
Avr Loss- .64%
Best Win 1.40 %
Worst Loss -2.06%

Overnight Trades edge out Trading hours trades with an avr win /Trade of .08% vs .06%

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #156766
Ignore Cheese
5/9/2021 12:24:10 PM

@ novacane32000.

Thank you very much for sharing your research and insights.

On that quant site, there is also an article about Risk Parity Asset Allocation
https://quantpedia.com/risk-parity-asset-allocation/
7 May 2021

I am trying to learn how to reduce risk without sacrificing too much return,
Would you happen to have any insights, thoughts and simple easy approach
for beginners to practice and implement?

The only good idea I've got so far is trade small, risk small.

Thanks again.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter/Strategy Ideas<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.