StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Best free chart program<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51295
Ignore nikoschopen
4/23/2007 5:57:18 PM

Max,

Since when did I claim that the DMA(28,-14) has any "predictive qualities"? In the above posts, I did write instead that "I don't add much weight to DMA(28,-14) alone" and "It's my opinion that the basis for any predictive value rests solely upon the trader who makes the decision and not on the indicator used in the decision process. I, for one, place no value on DMA(28,-14)".

And if you bothered to have actually read anything that I wrote before jumping to a premature conclusion, you would also know that the only reason why I even mentioned DMA(28,14) was because I was explicitly asked by *Nitehowl* what indicators I used in QuoteTracker. So would you mind elaborating on just how I'm "misleading" others?

as214
184 posts
msg #51296
Ignore as214
4/23/2007 7:20:17 PM

Who cares what DMA is the fact of the matter is that it works. It worked when I bought TEX at 41 and am almost up 100 percent on it just a few months later. 300K in gains for sitting on my ass on that stock alone with 10 dollars in commisssion costs! Entered with DMA just as Riggs taught. Equity price at least three percent below DMA, when DMA turns horizontal put your finger on the trigger, as soon as DMA starts to ascend from there pull the trigger! Works well! DMA+Value= $$$$$$$$$$$$

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #51298
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/23/2007 8:59:33 PM

as214:

The DMA didn't make you money...YOU DID!

You are PAYING ATTENTION to your trade.

I am sure you have your risk management and money management in place and THAT'S WHAT IS MAKING YOU MONEY!

Sure you can use indicators to SELECT stocks to trade but once you enter the trade:

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #51308
Ignore lockwhiz
4/24/2007 4:36:37 PM

..... the "best free chart program?"

I always liked using BigCharts.com ....

Niagara
49 posts
msg #51312
Ignore Niagara
modified
4/24/2007 9:43:26 PM

Who cares what DMA is the fact of the matter is that it works. It worked when I bought TEX at 41 and am almost up 100 percent on it just a few months later. 300K in gains for sitting on my ass on that stock alone with 10 dollars in commisssion costs! Entered with DMA just as Riggs taught. Equity price at least three percent below DMA, when DMA turns horizontal put your finger on the trigger, as soon as DMA starts to ascend from there pull the trigger!

Tex has been in an uptrend since the middle of 2005. It would seem to be a pretty good bet to jump onto an uptending stock.

I would think the DMA14 flat/3% above true price would be a nice trick for a reversal. A downtrending stock switching to an uptrend.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #51315
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
4/25/2007 12:16:50 AM

I would think the DMA14 flat/3% above true price would be a nice trick for a reversal. A downtrending stock switching to an uptrend.

You are 100% correct. I use the "reversal" (short), more than I do the ups! The great thing about this particular set-up is...even if you get in too early, you KNOW that red light is gonna go off any day now!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Best free chart program<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.