StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Add Value1, Value2, etc. feature!<< >>Post Follow-up
AntNet
36 posts
msg #26493
Ignore AntNet
5/12/2003 11:25:27 PM

I'd like to see StockFetcher add the ability for us to do a bit more complex screening based on the analysis of 2 different math formulas.

Right now we can compare 2 simple formulas.

For example:
Fetcher[Close above open and High minus Close below Open minus Low]

But if I want to determine that the Open minus Low is above "3 times the High minus Close" it can't presently be done.

My suggested solution is to allow the assignment of VALUE Statements in the form:

Value1(High minus Close)
Value2(Open minus Low)

This would lead to the ability to write:

Fetcher[Value1(High minus Close) and Value2(Open minus Low)
and Close above open
and Value2 above 3 multiplied by Value1
]

Value Statements could also be indicators. That would allow a math comparison that we are unable to do now.

For example:

Value1(MA(20) minus MA(50))
and ATR(20) multiplied by 5 above Value1 plus 3

By assigning Value Statements BEFORE any other conditions the value could be used in the screen.

Even if it only simplifies writing the screen I think it would benefit users and reduce processing demands on the server.

If others see the Value (sorry about the pun), please let the great folks at Fetcher know.

Thanks for the consideration,

Bert.

AntNet
36 posts
msg #26495
Ignore AntNet
5/13/2003 12:45:33 AM

Here's another reason to have Value statements:

Value1(some condition)

Price crossed above Highest(Value1,30)

or

Value1(some condition)

Price crossed below Lowest(Value1,30)

Of course we'd need the "ACTION Statements" HIGHEST and LOWEST to also become available.

Are Highest and Lowest something subscribers would find benefitial?

Could they be added to the wish list???

defghca
150 posts
msg #26496
Ignore defghca
5/13/2003 7:14:16 AM

interesting concept

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Add Value1, Value2, etc. feature!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.