StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A Stock With Room To Grow<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up
JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29723
Ignore JoeGrossinger
11/7/2003 11:07:40 AM

DCUT is having a strong showing today. It could be in part because Anthrax is in the news again and DCUT makes Anthrax detectors. They are in all of the important security sectors, so that could add some explosive moments as the company waits for the earnings stream to kick in.
The company has delivered its biometric software in October 2003 with an installation-completed date of mid-November 2003. DICUT anticipates the revenue stream to commence in December of this year.
I don't generally base my trade decisions on fundamentals because basically I don't trust them, preferring to judge a company by market action, but it is a nice confirming indicator.

ccdanson
9 posts
msg #29735
Ignore ccdanson
11/7/2003 4:54:06 PM

Joe

the exit indicator you call a book is

"When StochRSI hits a value of 1 and you get a Slow stochastic fastline cross below the slowline, the stock should pullback."

thats it. The rest was the exception and explanation of the exception.

I use this all the time, it takes more time for the chart to load than to look at it and see if its a sell. Humor me and take a look at 5 or 6 stocks, any stocks, I really believe if you have an open mind you might agree with me.

p.s. why are you so hostile?

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29737
Ignore JoeGrossinger
11/7/2003 8:15:26 PM

Why am I so hostile?
Because YOU posted the following, setting yourself up as some superior do-goody or whatever without me ever having addressed you in any way or invited you into the conversation.

"getting hot down there again
i knew it wouldnt last long"

What makes you think you can post stuff like that and then not get a reply?
Why would you even post that unless you wanted somebody to lock and load?

If you don't want none - don't leave none.

Don't be setting yourself up as some self righteous forum critic and then not expect a reply.
I left no post to you and did not appreciate the stuff you posted for me.
It's not needed, not necessary and not appreciated. If you don't like my threads, pass them by. Easy.

The fact is that you were hoping for an argument so you could jump in and show your moral superiority. I have no use for folks like that.

If you don't want none - don't leave none.

Your original exit post was long and convoluted. I just passed it by because of that, but also because I don't like stochastics. That is just me. I have not found them to be all that reliable in predicting anything. I prefer to use RSI because I am extremely familiar with that and it shows me a picture of a stock that says a lot.
If a stock drops in price because the RSI(2) was close to 90 then I can figure on a quick bounce. If it drops because RSI(2) AND RSI(5) are close to 90 then I know I can be pretty safe in selling and buying more of the stock a day or two later at a lower price and with the expectation that the trend is still in place.
If however, the RSI indicators are not above 70 and the price drops, that causes me to look deeper and probably bail out because something else is at work.
So, I find these indicators of great help. RSI(2) is of a very short duration, while RSI(5) is of a longer duration and the RSI(15) is the slowest and longest duration indicator of overbought and oversold conditions.
I use them because I know and trust them.
Yes indeed, stocks that are trending very strongly can remain overbought for a very long time, so it's not 100% but it is very good and informative.

Stochastics on the other hand give a lot of false signals and that you can see that by the different ways folks try to massage or smooth the stochastics in an attempt to reduce that. I just don't bother with the indicator preferring to stay with RSI and MACD.
The Bollinger bands are also a lot of help in showing the volatility of a stock.

A lot of these different opinions come out of personal preferences. Just because you use stochastics and I don't does not make either of us wrong, nor does it say anything about your intelligence because I dismiss stochastics out of hand. It just means different strokes for different folks.
As long as you have a plan and as long as it works for you, it can't be all bad.
That was the gist of my argument regarding time frames different traders use. None of them are bad as long as they work for that trader.
How that could have been taken as offensive by anyone is a puzzle, but I have long given up on trying to massage folks and their feelings.
In the main I just write how I feel. If I feel a certain indicator sucks I say so.
Does that mean people that use that indicator suck? NO. It just means I don't like that indicator.
Are my indicators and oscillators for everyone? NO. They are for me.
I like them and use them. I have toyed and experimented with most of them and found all of them have lots of problems if you don't take the entire situation into account. Just relying on an indicator can cause a lot of losses.
Taking too many indicators into consideration can cause you to lock up and freeze as you try to unravel it all. So that is why I insist on keeping things simple and at the same time have a picture of several indicators that tell me what could be going on.
Each of my charts shows the 20 day Bollinger band, RSI(2) (5) and (15) plus the MACD with histogram. That tells me pretty much at a glance as to what is going on and that is how I trade.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29738
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/7/2003 10:06:22 PM

"Whatever Avery. How about you stay out of my threads and I stay out of yours and we never refer to each other again?
That would just please me to no end."

Then you stay on Koliga.

Otherwise, this is an OPEN FORUM... you don't own the threads, and anyone can post where they please. See, JOE G., you do NOT have a CLUE.

But if you stay out of any thread I post in, that would please me to no end.

Just learn to place nice, Joe G.

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29740
Ignore JoeGrossinger
11/7/2003 11:35:00 PM

No, it's you that constantly has to either whine about one of my posts or brag about one of your trades.
I asked nice for you to stay out of my threads and I will do the same. I won't even refer to you and you can brag and do whatever on your threads.
I know perfectly well this is an open forum but you and I don't get along so it would seem logical we avoid each other.
I did not tell you to stay out of my threads, I asked with the promise to reciprocate.
If you can't do that, then fine, I can and will answer your posts at my chosing.

defghca
150 posts
msg #29744
Ignore defghca
11/8/2003 1:19:11 PM

where is kolinga by the way?

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29748
Ignore EWZuber
11/8/2003 5:29:56 PM

Technicals still a mixed bag for DCUT in the short term.
The 15 DMA is now resistance along with the 25 DMA.
Trendline resistance now @ $0.103

DCUT bounced up off Trendline Support Friday @ $0.085.
Volume is increasing.
The 15 DMA is still flat and suitable as support. I suspect bullish traders won't waste that opportunity and will attempt to drive DCUT to rise or gap above the 15 DMA to test it as support. If this is going to happen it needs to happen fairly soon before the MA turns down. JMHO

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #29751
Ignore knowsenough
11/8/2003 7:15:44 PM

Joe, hows it going?........
Always enjoy your posts and corrections on folks "gimme" attitudes. Your trading indicators match mine, and we ignore the same, which only makes sense as you and I are the only one's with a sense of humor on this forum to boot. What is wrong with some of these people? Why sell the farm?... when it comes to posting scans. If it takes months of hard work to tweak a scan to get good results consistantly, the only advantage of posting it would be to put more buyers on your specific stock picks right? Maybe it would be easier to just start a "chain-filter" where as we all sign up, and then when our name is drawn everybody has to buy our posted stock of the day. This way each day somebody wins. (Holding my side.......the laughter) Some expect to come here, post one thread and expect everybody's hard work for nothing more than a thank you? I read some recent thread where the guy is offering a trading method of 1% per day? in exchange for your best 1 day gainer filter. WOW! What a bargain! Let's stroll up to the bar while we're at it and ask for free drinks. LOL There is a simple rule in the stock market, "The market is not a team sport.......somebody has to lose for you to gain". To some this post may sound very cynical, and selfish, but I've just come from the "free" bar. Happy trading.

ccdanson
9 posts
msg #29752
Ignore ccdanson
11/8/2003 11:02:45 PM

Joe

I think you need to refill your perscription.

For the record, I wasnt looking for you to lock and load. I really was just trying to point out that it was much better having you guys work together instead of fighting. Tried to use a bit of humor (weak as it was).

Anyway, after working my way though about a third of your post, you make an interesting point on my post being long and convoluted. What didnt you understand, maybe I can clarify it for you.

As far as stochastics not predicting anything, I think ignoring the crossovers until a certain value is reached and watching MACD eliminates many false signals.

I guess as long as you find value in your indicators, they cant be entirely worthless.

I shared my thoughts on the exit because it really works for me and is very simple and quick. I figured it could possibly help someone. Somehow I knew it would just bring ridicule from the likes of you.

SF, no need to censor, this is my last neg. post.

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29755
Ignore JoeGrossinger
11/9/2003 11:27:10 AM

ccdanson, Avery and Zuber clearly illustrate why its a waste of time to try and discuss TA. Unless one clucks and coos approvingly to the posts, it turns into a insult contest.
I think ccdanson though is on the right track. I'm not going to waste anymore time either. Why should I?
I buy and sell my stocks without any of you and I'm sure you do the same without my advice, so why bother?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A Stock With Room To Grow<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.