StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · bollinger bands<< 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >>Post Follow-up
VousDeux
17 posts
msg #47832
Ignore VousDeux
11/5/2006 8:23:06 PM

Just thought I'd add my two-cents worth to this thread.

I've been very impressed with the results of the original Muddy, as well as a few of the variations. I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this method. The whole learning process has been a real eye-opener.

Here is a variation I have been playing around with that seems to work very well when the market is in an uptrend:

Fetcher[set{tailTop,high-open}
set{tailBottom,close-low}
set{tailDiff,tailBottom-tailTop}
show stocks where tailDiff is above 0.1
and 60 day slope of close is above 0
and close has been decreasing over the last 3 days
and close is between 1 and 10
and open is above lower bollinger band(20)
and low is below lower bollinger band(20)
and count(close above open,3) is below 1.1
and fast stochastics fast %K(5) is below 35
and fast stochastics fast %K(5) increasing for the last 1 days
and average volume(90) is above 100000
]

I'm sure a number of you will recognize several of the parts.

Thanks again :)

P.S. Does anyone know if Muddy has a favorite charity?

wallman
299 posts
msg #47836
Ignore wallman
11/6/2006 1:02:08 AM

Hi Vous
It's great to hear the MM and variations are still being played,they are still my main trading method along with a couple of great(for me)things i came up with during my recent 16 month break from everyday trading,forums,etc. I had to take a breather after 43 years and it was good

We had a great group over there on the SF/MM board a couple of years ago,and I'd also like to thank everyone involved that contributed to that group

Maybe one day it'll get started up again and we can share ideas,that's how it all got started in the first place

P.S. , My favorite charity would be your local animal shelter,nothing much,just old blankets,dry cat/dog food,stuff like that
Thanks, Muddy

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #47837
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/6/2006 1:29:35 AM

Muddy... phone home... LOL!

Hey, the group is still there:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/StockFetcher/

Also, check out the forum at www.kreslik.com

Don't forget to send me an email, I have something I want you to see.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #101407
Ignore Mactheriverrat
7/1/2011 5:07:19 AM

A Very, Very Interesting thread here and where it has taken me.
There's a lot of knowledge on this board and even the muddy board on yahoo
There have been some good info See "The Muddy Method Guide" and " How to use the EMA(13) in conjuction with muddy matches" or any filter for that matter in the Files/Helpful Docs on Muddys board.
Alot of things I have learn are helpful using Stockfetcher.

-----------------------------------------------------

set{ratio, close/EMA(13)}
and add column ratio
add column RSI(2)

--------------------------------------------------
Below 1 on ratio the better
lower Rsi(2) the better

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · bollinger bands<< 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.