StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · best 1 month filter is and if you backtest it you will be amazed<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #27245
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
7/7/2003 1:04:10 AM

for your information guys it seems a lot of stocks went up triple digits appearing 60 days ago. I think that was the beg. of the bull. I dont think it was this filter because there are several other filters that produced these same stocks. Proof is in the pudding. I would like a filter that produces good results in a bear market and awsome results in a bull market. The only way to find this is using either the bollinger bands or the volume and price. Volume and Price are the only true indicators. Money Flow helps but those usually go up with price and volume. Just use price and volume. For instance stocks that have reached new 30 day highs etc. Look for stocks that produce 30 day highs and the volume has increased a lot. That means there is a lot of buying in the stock. Its obviously hot. You dont need a filter for that. Just keep your losses short and make your gains big.

deejal
45 posts
msg #48434
Ignore deejal
12/7/2006 1:18:38 AM

I don't understand why people use date offset when it can be changed at anytime after SF displays initial results.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48357
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
12/7/2006 1:32:10 PM

Fetcher[
Show stocks where Close gained more than 20 percent over the last 4 weeks
and Average Volume(5) is above 50000
and rsi(2) is below 70
and rsi(2) has crossed above rsi(3)
and close is between 0.01 and 1.0
and the Historical Volatility(5) is above 70
]

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48443
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/7/2006 1:34:08 PM

One reason to use DATE OFFSET is you might not want stocks from the last trading session.

Another reason is to test ideas.

Saves a few mouse clicks :)

HTH.

gruender
101 posts
msg #48449
Ignore gruender
12/7/2006 6:59:39 PM

TRO,

I am confused regarding this filter. Are you assuming that if a stock gained +20% during the last four weeks, it will continue to gain during the coming weeks? It seems to me that by using your first line of this filter, you will only get stocks that increased by at least +20% during the last 4 weeks regardless of the remaining lines of the filter. Thus, it becomes a self-fulling prophesy! You only get stocks that increased by at least 20% or more.

What am I miss understanding here?

Thanks, Joe

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #48566
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
12/12/2006 1:07:46 AM

I don't understand why people use date offset when it can be changed at anytime after SF displays initial results.

deejal -

In simpler terms....it's what GRADES a filter! When looking for confirmation.....don't waste your time "backtesting it....just "offset" it. And when you see "green"....you KNOW you have a winner! You know....like all mine. LOL....

- RIGGS -

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · best 1 month filter is and if you backtest it you will be amazed<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.